1.5 and media folders

farside847

farside847

Just noticed that my app auto updated to 1.5 - but I don't see an announcement here about an update. Did my roku load the wrong thing?

I did notice that now I have an option for "folders" and "media folders" both with the same content. Not sure if I messed something up or if I'm running an incompatible app... plus some random entries that are not playable.

This happened at the same time as when I was converting my movie folder from a single folder to nested folders, so this could totally be my own doing ;)

Anyone else see this?

Thanks!

Announcement on the way. Media Folders was left in by mistake. It will be removed in a subsequent update. 

The app now uses the user views from the web client to define it's structure. So you can configure the way different libraries are grouped and then have that apply consistently with every Media Browser app (as soon as the rest update to use them as well).

These are user preferences which you can configure using the web interface -> click the user icon in the top right.

farside847

Tonight it auto updated to 1.52 and the extra folder entry is gone. Thanks!

But now my live TV is not working. Still works on the Web client. On roku it says retrieving for 7 seconds then goes back to the detail screen. It used to take like 15 seconds before it would play perfectly. :(

Live tv with Roku has tested fine for us so as far as I know there's no issue with it from the MBS standpoint.

farside847

Live tv with Roku has tested fine for us so as far as I know there's no issue with it from the MBS standpoint.

Hmmmm, I have tested the following:

- tried it on two different roku 3 boxes

- tried it with lower bandwidth settings on the roku. My set up is hard wired so normally it is set to 20mb, but I tried 3mb too

- tried restarting the mb server

- still returns to the detail screen with no live tv after a few seconds, almost like the timeout is too short

The web browser interface on a pc works fine, are there any logs that I can capture to help troubleshoot the issue? Maybe I broke something but I can not think of any changes I made that might impact live tv.

thanks!

farside847

Hmmmm, I have tested the following:

- tried it on two different roku 3 boxes

- tried it with lower bandwidth settings on the roku. My set up is hard wired so normally it is set to 20mb, but I tried 3mb too

- tried restarting the mb server

- still returns to the detail screen with no live tv after a few seconds, almost like the timeout is too short

The web browser interface on a pc works fine, are there any logs that I can capture to help troubleshoot the issue? Maybe I broke something but I can not think of any changes I made that might impact live tv.

thanks!

Ok, I need to do more testing here. Might be totally on my side. Evidently today (of all days) by cable provider has changed their channel line up. I need to redo my channel listings and try again. I will report back tomorrow :)