Scan new files only

D34DC3N73R

D34DC3N73R

I'm hoping to avoid having to scan the entire library when adding new content. Similar to the plex 'partial scan' feature. I use a remote mount so I try to avoid scanning when possible. I did see this request, but it seems to be abandoned due to lack of clarity. If any more details are needed, please comment. 

Thanks!

Hi, when you run a library scan, it doesn't do any processing on files that haven't changed. You can also just use the scan library files context menu command on any parent folder.

D34DC3N73R

I'm using a remote mount, and it takes ages for an emby media scan, whereas plex only takes a few moments with partial scan. Unfortunately, even individual library scans yield the same result as each library is fairly large. I think this would be alleviated with a partial scan feature.

You don't need to do an individual library scan. You can even use folder browsing to do a targeted folder scan.

D34DC3N73R

Can you give me an example or point me to a page in the documentation? Is there an api option for this? I wouldn't want to have to manually scan every time something is added.

Hi.  When you find an existing request for what you want, please do not create another topic.  Simply respond to the existing one.  Thanks.