msauve
Go to solution Solved by LongMan,

msauve
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

For me its in 2 seasons

image.thumb.png.edf908a579e13fa0ee93532dbb25bbc6.png

image.thumb.png.723e9cad2fbbfb9a4314dc8432445657.png

Hi @Spaceboy,

Can you show me how your media files are named and what if the configuration of the databases orders in your library?

Also, I’ve got the netflix version medias.

Hope you’ll be able to help me solve this issue for good 😊 

Edited by msauve

rbjtech

ok -  for @Spaceboy his version may well be 2 seasons - your version is not. You have the Netflix version, and as explained a few times now, Netflix split the original Season 1 into TWO parts - Part 1 and Part 2 with REDUCED episode run times but MORE episodes.  NO METADATA PROVIDER HAS THIS CORRECT and the SOURCE/TORRENT? has also got it WRONG as there are 13 episodes in Part1 and 9 episodes in Part 2.

So for Season 1/Part1 (S01Exx) and Season 2/Part2 (S02Exx) you can either use the NFO's provided earlier - or MANUALLY create them from the Netflix site.   They are called Episode X, they do not have names.

For Parts 3 & 4 - they are Netflix originals - so metadata for may be correct - but even that is a mess because if you are following the Netflix Part1 & 2 releases, then these are CORRECTLY called Part 3(Season 3) and Part 4(Season 4).  Part 5 & Part 6 are out soon. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80192098

So all in all - it's a mess - and you need to manually put in some work to sort it out I'm afraid - emby is not going to automatically get all the correct metadata for you for the NETFLIX versions.

Edited by rbjtech

msauve
16 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ok -  for @Spaceboy his version may well be 2 seasons - your version is not. You have the Netflix version, and as explained a few times now, Netflix split the original Season 1 into TWO parts - Part 1 and Part 2 with REDUCED episode run times but MORE episodes.  NO METADATA PROVIDER HAS THIS CORRECT and the SOURCE/TORRENT? has also got it WRONG as there are 13 episodes in Part1 and 9 episodes in Part 2.

So for Season 1/Part1 (S01Exx) and Season 2/Part2 (S02Exx) you can either use the NFO's provided earlier - or MANUALLY create them from the Netflix site.   They are called Episode X, they do not have names.

For Parts 3 & 4 - they are Netflix originals - so metadata for may be correct - but even that is a mess because if you are following the Netflix Part1 & 2 releases, then these are CORRECTLY called Part 3(Season 3) and Part 4(Season 4).  Part 5 & Part 6 are out soon. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80192098

So all in all - it's a mess - and you need to manually put in some work to sort it out I'm afraid - emby is not going to automatically get all the correct metadata for you for the NETFLIX versions.

So i'll be obligated to manually rename each of my episodes of Season 2 as well as putting the good resumé. Is that correct @rbjtech?

msauve
37 minutes ago, LongMan said:

Hi @LongMan,

Thanks fort the folder :) Can you please tell me where do I load this as I'm not familiar with this type of folder and also where can I fin them? ;) Perhaps it could be useful in the futur in case of I'm getting the same problem with an other series or movies.

Thanks a lot man!!

Edited by msauve

• Solution
LongMan

You need your video files and the corresponding nfos to be in the same folder and for the names of the nfos and video files to match.

You have a choice. Either rename the nfo files to match your video files or rename the videos files to match the nfos. Put the videos files in the correct season folder.

Edited by LongMan

msauve
2 hours ago, LongMan said:

You need your video files and the corresponding nfos to be in the same folder and for the names of the nfos and video files to match.

You have a choice. Either rename the nfo files to match your video files or rename the videos files to match the nfos. Put the videos files in the correct season folder.

Hi @LongMan,

Your zip file seemed to be working :) 

I've just needed to change the names of the NFO files to be able to match my media ones and once the metadate refreshed, everything seems to run smoot and freely ;)  As well I needed to change the episode title inside the NFO file to be able to get in season 2  1. Episode 1. Just as on Netflix 👍:D

Finally, where can I find these kind of files in the case that I've got other problems like that with a serie or a movie?

Again thank's for your precious help man ;) 

I appreciate it a lot!

Max

LongMan

I am just passing it on. Those files were done by one of the Kodi Moderators who had a similar problem. I am not aware of files being available routinely. There are a few shows like that which have different editions for disc or streaming. The person who does it first sometimes post them in the forum. The links expire after a while.

Glad I could help.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
Happy2Play
4 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

i wonder whether the advent of tvdb api v4 introduces the possibility of emby supporting tvdb's netflix/flexible orders

Emby server has to make changes along with plugin in order to accommodate these additional orders.

But technically both providers (TMDB and TVDB) have this order for this series.  But don't know how Luke intends to handle this as the current Display Mode only applies to one provider and needs expanded to the additional orders. 

In this case Netflix is TVDB Alternate order, where TMDB it is Episode Groups Parts.  Don't know how these orders may align to possibly provide a per series option or if there needs to be two options depending on your provider order/enabled providers.