Custom channels resetting channel name/number

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

My IPTV supplier, supplies some channels called 'PPV' which do not always have listings (dependent on if any content currently available for the channels).

Listings are retrieved from their own xml file for these channels.

I have assigned my own channel names, channel numbers, (iptv m3u does not contain channel numbers) tags and logos. The padlock icon turns green to confirm change and saved successfully.

Listings are downloaded successfully, but when there are no listings at the next refresh, the channel names/tags are reset to m3u defaults and channel numbers are cleared, but the logos remain visible.

Is there a way to save the channel names/tags & numbers (like the logo), so I don't have to keep re-entering the details every time the listings clear?

Spaceboy

no. you could use xteve as a proxy but it will still need a unique channel id that does not change. i personally have a script that pulls down the m3u daily and inserts the channel id for the channels i want to retain that change as you describe.

other than that you need to wait for the new emby tv beta

Right what's probably happening is the data changes and that causes the server to see them as brand new channels.

• Agree 1

gillmacca01

I would have thought that would clear the channel logo as well

We'd have to look at the contents of the m3u both before and after to really be able to comment further.

• 3 months later...
gillmacca01

I forgot all about this, and was just thinking about it again and did a search and found my original post.

The m3u is imported directly into Emby (does not go through xteve or anything else), but the logo persists

OK, We'd have to look at the contents of the m3u both before and after to really be able to comment further. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, djerniehoule said:

This is happening to me as well, what can I show you to see if what’s happening can be fixed.

The contents of the m3u tuner before and after it happens.