Series Recording Failing - Grey Recording Icon with all episodes

phoenixaus

phoenixaus

Hey Guys,

Have searched the forum and exhausted everthing I have tried. I'm hoping something will stand-out to someone.

I'm using:

Version 4.6.4.0

Emby Running on ReadyNAS

Everything is running perfectly, except the series recording funtion, on one particular show. I cannot find a way to manually set a start or finish time to over-ride the guide settings (even though emby is locating the serries correctly).

I'm using Xteve on a VM to consolidate the M3u8 feeds and generate the XMLTV which refreshes within Xteve every 4 hours.

Other Series recordings are working fine, with the only thing that I am thinking is that becuause this is the evening news, its missing the SxxExx format in the XML, however I would have thought that the all episodes option would have made that requirement defunct.

Hoping someone can point me in a direction!!

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.cb673dd3e6fd419130cf954fabf34cbc.png

image.thumb.png.93587ab0da6d0d8f72ce034ad0dc6023.png

embyserver.txt xteve.xml

This comes up from time to time.  Without a unique title or subtitle or season/episode info Emby won't record multiple episodes that appear to be the same and already in the recording folder.  It thinks it's a duplicate and won't record it until the first one is deleted.

The option you mention is for comparing to your libraries which is usually the TV Library (since it mostly applies to series).

phoenixaus

Thanks @cayars, is there a work around  for this from the emby side? I would have thought the "all episodes" being selected would have forced the recording?

phoenixaus

ICETV with Xteve consolidating the xmltv and m3u8 streams, to emby.

I can discuss it with the guys at ICETV, or look at an alternative xmltv source for that channel if all other options are exhausted.

Could you carve out this one channel for me and PM just the 2 lines for this channel from the m3u file?

You can change any username/password info as I don't need to play the channel, but just want to load it and try something for you with another guide source.

Edited by cayars

OK here is what I'd like you to try which should give you this:
image.thumb.png.cdadc0696ed66e030fbca18dd455483e.png

This has the Season/episode info which hopefully will solve your problem.

Add a new Guide provider as Xml TV and use this for the URL

http://xmltv.net/xml_files/Brisbane.xml

Now go to the Channels menu, find the channel and edit it to look like this
image.thumb.png.d6a5885274536deeacb11a5e0666dc7b.png

This is what I set
image.png.861665bcd6c88f37e15b6da89b298d63.png

You could you use this for any "problem" channels you have with your normal guide if this works for your local channels.

Let me know how this works out for you,
Carlo

Nice.

Are all your channels from Australia or do you use a worldwide channel list?

OK because I was going to say you may want to use that guide for all your Brisbane channels as it's likely better data.
The same site has many other channels as well if you need them for other cities.
https://www.xmltv.net/

• 4 months later...
MBSki

I'm seeing this issue too. I'm trying to record NFL Football and it's skipping the next 3 games. The games are repeats on the NFL Network, and the teams haven't been announced yet. These episodes will air before the teams are ever added to the guide. Is this the issue ("Always record episodes when the option to check existing library is not selected") that's fixed in beta? 

image.png.466e31b173545e5932031edb8803c79d.png

image.thumb.png.cd9b2f568b663029ad35dd62da567dec.png

Is this the issue ("Always record episodes when the option to check existing library is not selected") that's fixed in beta? 

It could be.

MBSki

@Luke The beta version seems to handle this situation MUCH better. At least it seems that way, unless there's something else going on with my stable server. I'll know for sure once beta is ready to move to stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1