Latest TV Series - Number of items

Tester
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Tester

Since server release 4.6.4 or 4.6.3 my unwatched item count for Latest TV Series is always 3 and no more.  I have tried changing the watched flag on different shows but the strip never goes past 3.

I did try to edit the .js file on the server side from 16 to 32 but this made no difference ( sorry, I cannot find the thread again)

This is across all devices including Shield TV, Android smartphone & Web.

Is there a setting for this ?

Tester

I have all my shows under \TV Series\Show

I did check in the server the options.xml and noticed that there is no content type.  I assume I either have to rebuild my library or add the <content type> to each of my library folders ?

What does it show as the content type looking at this library from the Dashboard Library menu?

Does it show as Mixed Content?

Tester
28 minutes ago, cayars said:

What does it show as the content type looking at this library from the Dashboard Library menu?

Does it show as Mixed Content?

Thanks for asking me to look, it looks like all of my libraries are "Mixed Content" which is something I never noticed before.  I should mention that I created these libraries years ago and have used them as is without issue.  

So do I recreate the libraries or edit the xml ?

• Solution

This guide should make it easy to adjust.  Remember to shutdown Emby Server first.

• Like 1

Tester

I was going to originally edit the xml until you helped me realize that my entire library was mixed so instead I decided to rebuild the library through the server instead.

I went ahead and removed the TV Series library, add it back as TV Shows, server scanned and updated the library image.

However now the TV Series library is no longer available in any of the devices while clearly a library in Server Library

You created new libs so check what libraries each user now has access to.  You will likely have to grant access to the new libraries again assuming you haven't shared all libs.

BTW, changing the library type of each library and then running a new library scan should be a lot faster then rebuilding a library!

Edited by cayars

Tester
35 minutes ago, cayars said:

You created new libs so check what libraries each user now has access to.  You will likely have to grant access to the new libraries again assuming you haven't shared all libs.

Yep you win again sir !!  Yeah forgot to go under access to set the access for the new library.

And now my original issue is resolved, case closed, thx all as usual !!!

• Like 1