New idea for Emby add on

GibsonMedia20

GibsonMedia20

Would it be possible to add this type  of thing to a new build of Emby? I’ve seen a few people asking if you can add Netflix, prime etc and was wondering if you could do what this app does?reelgood.com

It shows you all the content from all the providers you subscribe to in one place and when you click to play the content it just opens the app needed.

Check out this thread in the Feature Request area of the forum.

GibsonMedia20

Thanks, read most of them and this was asked for back in 2015 and still isn’t a feature 😔

the Reelgood app is great just wish something like it could be integrated in to Emby.

Deathsquirrel

The way this app does what it does is completely unsustainable IMO.  Each vendor can easily break it through incidental changes or EASILY break it on purpose.

I'd love to see the various streaming vendors support this kind of thing but there isn't much incentive for them to play nice.  Until they offer a standard API the Emby team can reliably use though, it's not gonna happen.

IMHO I don't think it will ever make it into Emby as it's not what most people want (my opinion).

I think people use Emby to manage their own data vs using services like Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Peacock, etc.

This feature is actually mostly present in Android TV itself anyway.  If you have the apps loaded on the ATV box you can search (voice search) for a movie and pretty quickly find which services have it.  May not be as clean as you want but mostly there.

But you are correct this could be done as an add on that uses the Internet to refresh lists of movies/shows that the services you want to monitor have.  Probably the hardest part of this is harvesting the movie/shows from each provider to keep them up to date.  The problem would be that this would have to be flexible enough so user 1 can select only Netflix while user 2 selects only Prime while user 3 has Netflix, Prime & Hulu.

Having all this info in the database would slow down things a bit and could have negative affects on searches, etc.  If done correctly it could be useful I'm sure for many people.