Official Synology App Store

ng4ever

• 1 month later...
FrostByte

No need to uninstall.  If you go to the store and click on the Emby icon it should display the current version which you have installed and the version in the Synology store.  Once the version in Package center is higher than your installed version you should get an indication within DSM.

However, the plan is to still have spk files available for download which will always be available before the Synology store because updates have to go through Synology's review process every time.  They will always be the same file though once in both places.

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet about all the details because it's all new right now.  However, you may get a notification in dashboard that an update is available for manual updating first, but if you want to start using the store just wait a few days until it's approved by Synology and update from them when you see it's available in Package Center.

Then, after your first Synology store update I don't know if you will still get notifications about the manual update files the next time, or if it then is just linked to the Synology store so dashboard waits for Synology.  We will have to see once a couple updates have flown through how that part plays out.

9 hours ago, FrostByte said:

No need to uninstall.  If you go to the store and click on the Emby icon it should display the current version which you have installed and the version in the Synology store.  Once the version in Package center is higher than your installed version you should get an indication within DSM.

However, the plan is to still have spk files available for download which will always be available before the Synology store because updates have to go through Synology's review process every time.  They will always be the same file though once in both places.

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet about all the details because it's all new right now.  However, you may get a notification in dashboard that an update is available for manual updating first, but if you want to start using the store just wait a few days until it's approved by Synology and update from them when you see it's available in Package Center.

Then, after your first Synology store update I don't know if you will still get notifications about the manual update files the next time, or if it then is just linked to the Synology store so dashboard waits for Synology.  We will have to see once a couple updates have flown through how that part plays out.

Ok no problem!

I tried seeing if auto update would work and it is still greyed out for Emby when I enable auto updates :(

image.thumb.png.a6a138ea65189469971270fafa6c1aa4.png

Is it because I didn't install a version from the DSM store yet ?

Edited by ng4ever