Is anyone using RPI2 and EmbyCon and having problems viewing Movies

Skyecairns

Skyecairns

Server on Windows10

EmbyCon addon in Kodi on a RPI2

All works well except occasionally I need to reboot Kodi to watch movies.  I can move around kodi without a problem but once i select a movie nothing happens.  A re boot solves this problem. Embycon works flawlessly in Windows10, Ubuntu and Android systems.  I tried to fix this earlier but gave up but now it's driving me up the wall 😞

TeamB

what RPi2 OS and Kodi are you using?

Also a Kodi bedug log of a failed play attempt might help.

Skyecairns

Openelec 8.0.4

Kodi 17.3

I can run movies using Kodi proper but occasionaly (randomly) I can't run movies or tv shows when I select the movie or tv show using EmbyCon.  Nothing happens.  A re boot solves the problem.  Only happens on my RPI not Linux, Windows or Android.  Thanks for any help.

embyserver.txt

kodi.log

Skyecairns

I've changed my OS to LibreElec and so far all is well.  Its bit slower but it works.  But then again Rome wasn't built in a day so who knows how long it will last.  🙂

TeamB
8 hours ago, Skyecairns said:

Openelec 8.0.4

Kodi 17.3

On a RPi2 wow everything is very old, not saying that is the issue but as you have done i would update to the latest version of the os and kodi as a first step.

Also RPi hardware is so accessible and cost effective it come down to ROI for your time spent trying to get this ancient RPi2 working vs just grabbing a new RPi4.

I have many RPis around the house, some 3 and some 4 but no 2s, I am slowly upgrading my 3s to 4s over time.

Skyecairns

So far it seems OpenElec was the problem.  LibreElec seems to be working so far but have only used it a couple of times. :-))