Volume Bar Issues (When Casting To Google Device)

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

I'm on Emby version 4.6.4.  I'm using Brave browser, though it happens on Edge and other browsers too, and the web app on my NAS (not app.emby.media) through a secure reverse proxy URL with a Let's Encrypt cert on my Synology NAS.  I'm casting to my Google Home devices.

Even though my Google Home devices volume is usually set to roughly 40%, the volume bar in Emby when casting always starts at 100%.  This is jarring because when I go to change it, it immediately changes the devices volume to 100% and is uncomfortably loud until I set it back to 40% again.  Furthermore, as you can see below, if I change it back to ~40% and then go into the Play Queue, it resets it back to 100%.

Here is a visual of the issue:

https://i.imgur.com/NhxKBps.gif

I feel like a potential solution to this may be to set the volume in the web app, to the volume of the device it's casting to.  For example, if my Google Home device is set to 40%, when casting the volume bar would always default to 40% instead of defaulting to 100% and jumping around.  Changing the volume in the web app controls the volume of the device itself, so there seems to be some connection there that could potentially be leveraged.  But I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

Thank you.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 month later...