Where is the right place for my CA-Certificate?

looking111

looking111

Hello all, 

emby does not use the central certificate store of Ubuntu. I looked at the directory structure of emby and found the following directory: 

ca-certificates.crt

/opt/emby-server/etc/ssl/certs

with this file:

ca-certificates.crt

So I had the idea to simply put my CA in this folder. Unfortunately, the file is ignored. Should my file use a specific name or another extension?  If I copy my CA directly into the file ca-certificates.crt, it works. But I suspect that this is not a good idea, as this file is overwritten from time to time during updates. Emby version 4.6.4.0

Very thanks and Best Regards

looking111

Q-Droid

By your CA do you mean your own self-signed root? What are you trying to accomplish? I'd like to understand why you want Emby to have access to and use your CA.

looking111
9 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

By your CA do you mean your own self-signed root?

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

What are you trying to accomplish? I'd like to understand why you want Emby to have access to and use your CA.

The central firewall does an deep ssl package inspection. So it is required for emby using the internet.

Q-Droid

I've never gotten an answer to which CA bundle Emby uses, host or its own. If you get one then we'll all know. Until then you might have to add it to the Emby bundle for TLS inspection. 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, Q-Droid said:

I've never gotten an answer to which CA bundle Emby uses, host or its own. If you get one then we'll all know. Until then you might have to add it to the Emby bundle for TLS inspection. 

We are using the following bundle: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
We've gradually moved platforms to this bundle as we've found an issue with the system certificates, but some, like asustor, qnap (non-mono) and synology (non-mono) are still using the system ones.

• Thanks 2

Q-Droid
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

We are using the following bundle: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
We've gradually moved platforms to this bundle as we've found an issue with the system certificates, but some, like asustor, qnap (non-mono) and synology (non-mono) are still using the system ones.

Thanks, this helps.