drinkin_park
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

drinkin_park

Hi, after reading some posts and trying what was suggest I do have some progress, but some errors still occurs.

I am using LG TV Emby app to play media from a Raspberry Pi 4 Emby server (ver. 4.6.0.2).

My router is TOTOLink A3700r and media is playing via LAN cabel (not wireless).

I unchecked transcoding video and now media is playing faster and  better, but still it doesn't play with no interruptions. 

This is the direct stream info dialog:

The media is compatible with the device regarding resolution and media type (H.264, AC3, etc.), but is in an incompatible file container (.mkv, .avi, .wmv, etc.). The video will be re-packaged on the fly before streaming it to the device.

I have such issue on 2 files which I currently have, both are hevc hdr10 and have 6 channel ac3 audio which should  be transcoded to 2 ch audio for my LG TV.

I checked my raspberry pi machine and it looks like CPU is in normal temperatures and usage.

My user setting is to transcode only audio because of this 6 channel audio files.

I set Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps) to 300

In transcoding I enabled Throttling, enable HDR tone mapping and set Audio boost when downmixing: to 1

image.png.ab42824c231ed555445c3992db80887e.png

ffmpeg-directstream-c823d3fa-0725-4992-b410-d054a1a8c1b8_1.txt embyserver.txt

vdatanet
TranscodeReasons=ContainerBitrateExceedsLimit

13:58:35.594 frame=12132 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  922726kB time=00:08:26.08 bitrate=15623.9kbits/s throttle=100 speed=0.983x 

Container Bitrate Exceeds Limit so video is re-packaged and your server is not powerful enough to re-package.

drinkin_park
32 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

TranscodeReasons=ContainerBitrateExceedsLimit

13:58:35.594 frame=12132 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  922726kB time=00:08:26.08 bitrate=15623.9kbits/s throttle=100 speed=0.983x 

Container Bitrate Exceeds Limit so video is re-packaged and your server is not powerful enough to re-package.

so what should i do?

should i change "Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps)" to bigger number? I set it to 300, but i think my lan is 1000.

vdatanet
36 minutes ago, drinkin_park said:

so what should i do?

should i change "Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps)" to bigger number? I set it to 300, but i think my lan is 1000.

What video quality do you have selected in the client application? Don't use auto, try to increase it.

vdatanet
4 minutes ago, drinkin_park said:

I don’t see such option on emby app for LG

It should be in the app's playback options, now I don't have any LG TVs on hand, tomorrow I'll look it up on my mother-in-law's home TV to confirm where that option is exactly.

drinkin_park
Just now, vdatanet said:

It should be in the app's playback options, now I don't have any LG TVs on hand, tomorrow I'll look it up on my mother-in-law's home TV to confirm where that option is exactly.

Thank you very much. This problem occurs from long time so no rush. Tomorrow is fine. 

vdatanet
31 minutes ago, drinkin_park said:

Thank you very much. This problem occurs from long time so no rush. Tomorrow is fine. 

Maybe some experienced LG user can help sooner. @rbjtechCan you indicate where the user can increase the playback quality to avoid transcoding by exceeded bitrate?

drinkin_park

any updates?

meanwhile i checked my internet connection = is 1gbps so i put 1000 in the Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps).

it was 300, then 700 and now 1000 (havent tested yet)

network stat.png

vdatanet
1 hour ago, drinkin_park said:

any updates?

meanwhile i checked my internet connection = is 1gbps so i put 1000 in the Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps).

it was 300, then 700 and now 1000 (havent tested yet)

network stat.png

You have to change the playback quality on the app:

Click on user avatar - Playback - Set Internet and Local quality to 100 Mbps

vdatanet

Now I see that the thread is tagged as LG TV DLNA. Are you using DLNA or Emby app for LG?

drinkin_park
48 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Now I see that the thread is tagged as LG TV DLNA. Are you using DLNA or Emby app for LG?

LG app. 
And on user icon - playback, I have only settings related to audio quality. 

sorry about the phots, I don’t know how to make screenshots on tv. 

vdatanet
15 minutes ago, drinkin_park said:

LG app. 
And on user icon - playback, I have only settings related to audio quality. 

sorry about the phots, I don’t know how to make screenshots on tv. 

Really strange. Can you take a photo with your phone? 

Maybe you should create a topic in LG forum.

drinkin_park

I have similar option under emby server settings: emby - playback - video, but not in the app on my tv. 

vdatanet
16 minutes ago, drinkin_park said:

I have similar option under emby server settings: emby - playback - video, but not in the app on my tv. 

The same thing happened to an Apple TV user.

@Luke Why the option to select video quality disappears in a client application? I've already seen this a couple of times, in this post and on another on Apple TV.

drinkin_park

I am attaching screenshot from the server settings in my emby app for iPhone. It seems like there is such option. It looks like  each device has different options. Is this possible?

Edit: wow, I noticed throttle is off while I remember I turn it on. Strange

A5B0CE90-F254-4529-A0AF-22602739E743.png

7DE4E815-2AF8-4DFA-BD83-FCD16AA1A6E7.png

Edited by drinkin_park

drinkin_park

Attaching screenshots from Emby app playback settings and settings on the server on local network, why through iphone app my internet connection is 2 Mbps (which is the max value) while my local network is up to 1 gbps and internet speed is 100 mbps but I am using emby only on local network, so I can say it will be best if all options are set to at least 100 mbps. There are settings which are kinda mess to me.

IMG_1316.thumb.jpg.e9c4c92a6bbadf2fb3598c6480cc5fa2.jpg2064127491_2021-07-2700_02_30-Playbackand4morepages-Personal-MicrosoftEdge.thumb.png.2aea9b8b7830a5443760c7f1dd7fe264.png

• Solution
vdatanet
On 7/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, drinkin_park said:

Hi, after reading some posts and trying what was suggest I do have some progress, but some errors still occurs.

I am using LG TV Emby app to play media from a Raspberry Pi 4 Emby server (ver. 4.6.0.2).

My router is TOTOLink A3700r and media is playing via LAN cabel (not wireless).

I unchecked transcoding video and now media is playing faster and  better, but still it doesn't play with no interruptions. 

This is the direct stream info dialog:

I have such issue on 2 files which I currently have, both are hevc hdr10 and have 6 channel ac3 audio which should  be transcoded to 2 ch audio for my LG TV.

I checked my raspberry pi machine and it looks like CPU is in normal temperatures and usage.

My user setting is to transcode only audio because of this 6 channel audio files.

I set Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps) to 300

In transcoding I enabled Throttling, enable HDR tone mapping and set Audio boost when downmixing: to 1

image.png.ab42824c231ed555445c3992db80887e.png

ffmpeg-directstream-c823d3fa-0725-4992-b410-d054a1a8c1b8_1.txt 342.99 kB · 5 downloads embyserver.txt 574.79 kB · 1 download

Enable "Allow video playback that requires transcoding", when disabled some apps does not allow change video quality. Enable it and then increase video quality on LG app.

drinkin_park

You are right and now there is no <i> button on the dashboard "now playing" dialog box. 

I will try more, but for now it seem like it is playing flawless.

Write you back later.

image.png.5a1ed4d8e42c1ac2e81728786bb15c6b.png

IMG_1317.thumb.jpg.fb6479358d8085181874c598950823fc.jpg