Just looking to installing Emby Server on my NAS

Michael.D.Pine

Michael.D.Pine

NAS: TS-451

Firmware: 4.5.4.1723

I installed the new package from the tied thread the one where it has been re-written in .Net core, seems to isntall ok and system says service is sleeping but I get connection refused, is there like an FAQ or something
I have missed ? Do I need to restart the NAS, can't at the moment as it's running a backup.

thanks
Michael

Michael.D.Pine

Sorry, when I start Emby Server on the NAS, it attempts to open browser to start the admin connection I assume to Emby server port 8096 and I get connection refsued.

Do I need to open a port on the NAS ?

Ok, so no firewall on the NAS so not a port issue and I tried IP address as well as NAS name and still the same issue, I've looked and system processes and processes and it says Emby server is sleeping, which I believe means it is running right in Linux terms ?

thanks

Michael

Edited by Michael.D.Pine
more info

Michael.D.Pine

I literally came back to this thread today to update and decided to open the App again and now it is working ?

Just created an account and logged in am I allowed to use my Emby Premiere on this server as well as the existing HTPC my goal is to only use 1 eventually the NAS one
so I can turn the HTPC on and off.

thanks

Michael

Edited by Michael.D.Pine

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Michael.D.Pine said:

I literally came back to this thread today to update and decided to open the App again and not it is working ?

Just created an account and logged in am I allowed to use my Emby Premiere on this server as well as the existing HTPC my goal is to only use 1 eventually the NAS one
so I can turn the HTPC on and off.

thanks

Michael

Yes

Can I use my Emby Premiere Key on More than One Server