EPG for Canada and the US?

halo00
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

halo00

I'm about to embark on setting up IPTV with Emby for the Olympics. I live in Asia so I really don't know much about North American zip codes and things. I'm doing a trial and the EPG data they give is poor. I am wondering if there a EPG setup with Emby that contains both US and Canadian EPG data?

Thanks!

Hi, emby guide data supports the USA and uk. You'll need to import Canadian data via an xmltv source.

samuelqwe
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, emby guide data supports the USA and uk. You'll need to import Canadian data via an xmltv source.

Emby Guide Data also supports Canada, unless that was recently removed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Emby Guide Data also supports Canada, unless that was recently removed.

My mistake. Yes Canada is supported. Thanks.

• Solution
11 hours ago, halo00 said:

I'm about to embark on setting up IPTV with Emby for the Olympics. I live in Asia so I really don't know much about North American zip codes and things. I'm doing a trial and the EPG data they give is poor. I am wondering if there a EPG setup with Emby that contains both US and Canadian EPG data?

Thanks!

Chances are your provider will supply you with guide info which you can use.  However you will note that Emby's guide data is better.  What you can do is use the provider guide to auto match your m3u stream then load your CA & US guides and match specific channels you will use frequently to get the better data.  Sort of best of both worlds trying to keep matching easy.

Edit your m3u list down to channels you will actually use like <500 vs loading multi-thousand channels which just makes using them hard.  Less is more often when it comes to usability of TV.

• Like 1