Brand new user with Kodi.

boowho123

boowho123

I get the Emby server set up on my Windows PC.   Specify some directories to share.   Dashboard says server running.

Now configure Kodi  to the proper (I think) config.  But the thing never connects. My understanding is that it

connects automatically with out worrying about IP addresses, etc.

KOdi client is running on a Firestick and has the Kodi addon for emby installed correctly, I believe.

Do I have to have an instance of Kodi running alongside the Emby server on the PC???

I've looked around for videos on Youtube and other written instructions.  But every thing I've found is for Kodi 17 or earlier.

I'm running Kodi 19.x.

Help?? 

Hello boowho123,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

boowho123
5 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, I don't use Kodi with Emby so I can't directly help you but I think you should include what Emby client you are using in Kodi since there are a couple of choices.

https://emby.media/emby-for-kodi.html

I've tried BOTH options on the page you referenced, although they both seem to point to the SAME zip file to download.  Thanks.

boowho123
3 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Thanks to this video I found out that Kodi 19 REQUIRES next gen.

However, in trying to DL it I could not find it in already compiled (zip file??)  format. 

While I can if I have to, I'm not very excited about having to compile all the source code myself.

1 hour ago, boowho123 said:

I've tried BOTH options on the page you referenced, although they both seem to point to the SAME zip file to download.  Thanks.

They point to different locations for me.

TeamB

They probably both end up pointing to the repo zip, you need to install the repo zip first and then install which addon you want from the repo in kodi.

• Like 1

clarkss12

This video is NOT specific on how to install Emby on Kodi 19, but should get you started.  When you get the repo installed, the Next gen Emby for Kodi addon will be under video apps.

Edited by clarkss12

boowho123

Thanks to all whom responded.  I finally understood what it needed.    So....  It's now working as far as

the communication goes.

However, Emby may not "like" to serve up DVD Iso files.   I'm now working on that.....

Kodi Plays the same ISO files just fine (right off my hard drive, directly).

Also there's some REAL strangeness goin on regarding the  plugin; somehow when I install it I automatically get entries for some damn

video (romantic melodrama) movie which I have never owned, nor even heard of.

The saga continues!!!

Edited by boowho123