Playback error

MarcoAnto

MarcoAnto

Hi, everything has been going well, since last night every time I go to start a movie or a video I have this problem
Playback error
No compatible stream is currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
Thank you for your help and advice.

Hello MarcoAnto,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, First thing I would check is to make sure your media is online and that Emby Server has access to the files.

Please upload your server log file and we can look at it to see if any errors are logged.

Edited by cayars

MarcoAnto

Cayars,

Thank you very much for your reply, can you tell me where can i find the log file and how to download it, sorry i am not very good at it. thanks a lot for your help

Could not find a part of the path 'H:\Vidéos Docs arte\Archeologie\Enquêtes archéologiques - Titicaca la mer des Tiwanaku.mp4'.

What kind of drive is your H: drive? Is it offline?

MarcoAnto

Yes, it's an external hard drive, and when I try to eject it to shut down my computer, I get the message "it is in use by a program", so can't eject it and I have to shut down Emby. Question, do I have to connect my external hard drive every time I use Emby? Thank you for your answers.

Any drive you have setup in Emby you want to be connected 100% of the time for best results.

12 hours ago, MarcoAnto said:

Question, do I have to connect my external hard drive every time I use Emby? Thank you for your answers.

Well, how would you play media on the drive if the drive is not connected?

MarcoAnto

Alright, I got it, and it works, so at the end of watching a movie or video document on Emby, I have to stop the Emby Server process so that I can eject the external drive so as not to damage it. Thanks a lot for Luke and Cayars for  your help.

Is there a reason you need to plug it in and eject it?

I've got a couple dozen USB drives that never get unplugged and are used for Emby.

@MarcoAnto

By the way you can disconnect the drive with Emby Server running. There should be no problems doing that, other than of course, trying to play something while the drive is not connected. You understand that's not an Emby problem, right?

• Like 1