Can't forward/rewind time when casting to Sony Google TV

budokaiman

budokaiman

I have a Sony TV, with built-in Google TV. When casting from my (android) phone to the TV using the emby app, there's a weird issue, where I can't forward or rewind the video properly from my phone. What happens when I use either of the FW/RW buttons or drag the time slider, is that time slider immediately jumps back to the beginning of the file, and the video on the TV freezes. I usually have to disconnect from the cast, but then I'm unable to resume the vide from where it left off by casting to the TV (I can play without casting and it's fine, but when casting it always starts back at the beginning). Also, I do have the emby for a android TV app installed on the TV, but I like to have that signed into a family account in emby, where I use my own account from my phone. The videos I cast are all .mp4 files, in 1080p, usually using 5.1 AC3 audio.

Happy to provide any more info if needed.

budokaiman

I've attached the server logs, and sent logs from the TV app (around 7:08 EDT this morning, user signed into the tv app is called "home"). Also, the last play before sending the logs from TV app caused the TV itself to crash.

EmbyLogs.zip

Edited by budokaiman

Hi.  There wasn't any error in that app log.  Did you have to restart the device?

Also,  I'm a little confused as to whether your are casting to our Android TV app or the built-in Chromecast.  Which is it?

Thanks.

budokaiman

Also,  I'm a little confused as to whether your are casting to our Android TV app or the built-in Chromecast.  Which is it?

It is the built-in chromecast (I included sending logs from the tv app simply because I'm not sure what, if any, interactions it has during the cast).

Hi.  There wasn't any error in that app log.  Did you have to restart the device?

If you mean the TV, it restarted on it's own after crashing. The emby app on my phone was still open and said it was connected without playing, and the server never stopped.

8 hours ago, budokaiman said:

It is the built-in chromecast (I included sending logs from the tv app simply because I'm not sure what, if any, interactions it has during the cast).

Okay, so that explains nothing in the log.  When you cast to the actual Chromecast, our app is not involved at all.

budokaiman

In that case, is it the android mobile app that could be the issue (or something else altogether)? I've attached the android app logs, just in case they're worth looking at.

EmbyAppLogs.zip

• 4 weeks later...