Walmart ONN 4k Android TV with Emby dont play trailers

princeshawn420

clarkss12

If you are referring to the YouTube trailers in Emby, then you are correct, all I get is a spinning circle.  Playing the same trailer using the YouTube app, the trailer plays instantly..

I tested on my Onn box, and also one of my other Android boxes, and both have the same issue...........

As I recall, it has never worked for me, but I rarely use that function.

princeshawn420

Yes this is the same issue that I have it's on several of my Android TV boxes and no it is never work and I just can never figure out why it's something I really use and unfortunately makes me use Plex as an alternative.. 

princeshawn420

i tried to get it from the player, but as soon as you open the trailers it has what looks like the same live player the live tv uses but there is only a option to pause it, there is not other menu to get log files from the player... like maybe YouTube blocked it? 

and below is the server logs i see one json file about the trailers but thats all the player just sits with the loading circle till i back out of it 

i was able to fish a link from the logs

https://10.10.5.5/emby/Users/343602519fdb421eb4e22534c170b2ed/Items/476207/LocalTrailers?format=json

Access token is invalid or expired.

thats what in it when you open it does that help like the youtube api is broke?

image.png

Edited by princeshawn420

Hi. You can send the log from your user menu on the app home screen.  Just try and play a trailer then go back to the app home and send the log.

Thanks.

princeshawn420
On 7/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, ebr said:

Hi. You can send the log from your user menu on the app home screen.  Just try and play a trailer then go back to the app home and send the log.

Thanks.

It let me send it to you i guess but it never displayed it for me to send via the forum 

Edited by princeshawn420

• 2 weeks later...
princeshawn420

i sent several logs all i got was a answer in the app store blaming it on youtube for changing something, witch sucks i wanted to buy a new android tv and ii cant .... for now since my players are android and i have to have trailers i cant just blindly watch something.... i had to swap to plex for the time being i will re subscribe to emby when this issue is resolved. 

Have you tried the latest ATV release which fixes the Youtube trailer problem?

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Have you tried the latest ATV release which fixes the Youtube trailer problem?

It is still in Google review but is available in the beta.