Music Player

tda0626

tda0626

Forgive me if this has already been covered before. I did a search and didn't see it listed in a cursory review.

The player as is, is sort of simplistic in the things it can do. I would suggest adding some options like Replay Gain or Normalization, a pre-amp, a limiter, and a 10 band equalizer to give the player more functionality on par with other players. 

Tim

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, tda0626 said:

Forgive me if this has already been covered before. I did a search and didn't see it listed in a cursory review.

Yes, take a look at this.

Standalone Music App - Feature Requests - Emby Community

Plex has Plexamp, Jellyfin has Finamp and Emby has ... 😦  Fill in the gap. By the way, all competitors have gapless audio playback (iOS and Android)

vdatanet
1 minute ago, Luke said:

We also have gapless audio on android.

Yes, it's only missing in iOS.

tda0626
2 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Yes, take a look at this.

Standalone Music App - Feature Requests - Emby Community

Plex has Plexamp, Jellyfin has Finamp and Emby has ... 😦  Fill in the gap. By the way, all competitors have gapless audio playback (iOS and Android)

I didn't see any mention of the options I requested in the thread or am I missing something? 

For the rest of your ideas, such as replay gain, normalization, etc, yes I think those are good ideas for future updates. thanks.

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, tda0626 said:

I didn't see any mention of the options I requested in the thread or am I missing something? 

I have not said anything about the options you mention, I have simply indicated another FR in case you want to support a music player. Before implementing the options you propose, we need a music player.

• 4 months later...
jackthedoc

I would love to be able to stream my Emby music collection to my new Bluesound N 130.  Emby does have a DLNA facility? No? But the scribes behind Bluesound OS don't like DLNA for some reason or other.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

John Norris

38 minutes ago, jackthedoc said:

I would love to be able to stream my Emby music collection to my new Bluesound N 130.  Emby does have a DLNA facility? No? But the scribes behind Bluesound OS don't like DLNA for some reason or other.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

John Norris

Emby does have dlna, yes. I guess bluesound does not?