Android One vs Android remote access windows server

Dwarf

Hi all,

I came across a strange situation in which i request help.

I have running a dedicated W10 Emby server for quite some years now. Version 4.6.4 already.

When i first started the server i had a smartphone with Android One running and i was not able to login through remote access. Tried everything even with the help from you guys and eventually we concluded the isp must have something blocked on their end.

When it was time to buy a new phone, i bought an android phone again but not from the Android One program. To my happiness i tried to use emby remotely and it worked!

Unfortunately i dropped my phone and it broke this week so i bought a new one which is part of the Android One program again and i just found out i am again unable to login remotely.

I have not changed any settings from my router, pc and also we now know the isp is also not the problem.

I hope someone can shed a light to help me solve this. Thanks in advance everybody.

Hi, you do not need to show us this here but on your Emby Dashboard do you get a Remote (WAN) access link showing?

If so what port shows at the end?

If you open your phone (forget about the Emby App) Chrome web browser and type in that URL directly does it open?

Yes, it shows the WAN correctly.

Standard emby port (not the ssl one)

Through Chrome (latest version) it does not open.

Edited by Dwarf

Can you PM me that URL so I can test it from my side?

No need to login just want to see if login page loads.

I got it and it's working well.  I also PMed you my URL which I want you to test.in both chrome and the app to see if you get a login screen.

My server is setup with SSL using the standard 443 port.  This will help us to determine if your mobile provider is blocking non-traditional ports or similar.

Let us know.

We found when he connects to my server using port 443 it does work.  So it looks like they may be filtering non standard ports.

We're going to do a remote session sometime Saturday or Sunday to make a quick change over and test on his system.

• Thanks 1