Cant log into my EMBY server on the NAS (DS1621+)

iJoMun

iJoMun

I'm trying to log into my Emby server but getting an user/password error. It's odd because I'm using the same user/pass that I've always used. (The only thing that has changed is that two days ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10.) So, I clicked on the "Forgot Password" button and I got the following message: 

"The following file has been created on your server and contains instructions on how to proceed:

/volume1/Emby/passwordreset.txt"

I checked the file, followed the instructions by navigating the the link address given in the txt file, and entered the PIN. It informed me that password has been removed "for this user" and to log in with a blank password. But when I do that, I get the same user/password error. I've tried multiple times and it's the same issue. Please some help would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. However, the server is up and running and I can access it from my Shield/TV. Just can't log into it from the desktop to make any changes.

Edited by iJoMun

Hi, Is your server installed on Synology or Linux?

Kind of sounds like you forgot the password and were relying on cookies to hold it for you on Windows.
If you would like to do a remote session, I should be able to help you reset this password one way or another.  

Send me a PM and we can setup a remote session to fix this for you.  We can do it at your convenience.

Carlo

iJoMun
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, Is your server installed on Synology or Linux?

Kind of sounds like you forgot the password and were relying on cookies to hold it for you on Windows.
If you would like to do a remote session, I should be able to help you reset this password one way or another.  

Send me a PM and we can setup a remote session to fix this for you.  We can do it at your convenience.

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Sent you a PM. My server is set up on Synology. Thanks for your help!

Just an update, but we did a remote session and got things squared away and helped setup a new user with full parental permission and some other customized login stuff.

All good now.

• Thanks 1

iJoMun

@cayars

Thank you for coming to the rescue remotely tonight via AnyDesk, for the extraordinary time and help you gave me, not just fixing my login problem, but showing me all these useful features and for helping me to set up my account. Truly appreciated!

• Thanks 1