Have to constantly reset Emby for Live TV

sven86

Are you using the mini guide to switch to a channel while already watching a channel?

Can you reproduce it?

Homeskewld
14 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are you using the mini guide to switch to a channel while already watching a channel?

Can you reproduce it?

What's the mini guide? I assume not since I'm usually starting from a fresh login but I'm not sure what that is. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the issue but it seems to happen every other day or so. It seems to always be resolvable with a restart. 

Is there a way to check/validate if streams are actually being used for something? I usually just check the dashboard for activity and recordings. 

The mini guide is the guide you can bring up in certain Emby Clients while playing back media.

There is no easy way to check how many streams are in use for m3u files.  With a hardware tuner you could always check the tuner itself.

The only real way to see what's going on is to read the Emby server log file.

DJkhaled

The m3u you use is limited to probably 3 or less connections at a time, just like you can limit the amount of people streaming from clients in emby. IPTV services do this for obvious reasons so when you share your login with people you end up with no tv while they are watching it just fine lol. You can always check the stream limit and users connected to any m3u file with an online m3u link checker but remember, the link you paste into them are seen and even saved by the person hosting them.