Server keeps stopping constantly

Richie8410

Richie8410

Hi,
My server keeps stopping on my NAS. I'm on the very latest version, manually installed and it happened on the previous version and the new one. It's really frustrating. I like Emby a lot. I see a lot of people have had the same issue too. Have you guys managed to narrow down the cause of it at all?

Thanks,
Rich

Richie8410

Hi Sorry for the late reply,

I'm on 4.6.4.0. I think I've resolved the issue though. The App when used through the TerraMaster Store, on an F2-210. Library scan looked like it was just thrashing the Terra's CPU / RAM and it was being stopped. I've moved the server over to the official Emby Docker version. Installed using Docker from the TerraMaster App store and Emby from Dockerhub.

It seems much better performance wise, and so far it hasn't crashed on me at all.

I can only speculate the cause of the constant server stops on the TerraMaster as the system logs on the NAS aren't that great. But as I say, Moving to Docker seemed to do the trick.

Thanks,

Do you have a server log from the native installation of when that happened? Thanks.

• 6 months later...
SimplicityBill

Having the same issue. The server will intermittently just stop. This can occur when the server is at rest with no active streaming connections or in the middle of an active streaming session.

I'm running a Terra-Master F2-210, with two Seagate Ironwolf 4TB NAS drives configured each as its own storage pool. The NAS is not configured as a RAID. There are 2 Seagate USB drives attached, one is actively backing up a Storage Pool with USB Copy on the NAS. This is about fully complete as the Storage Pool is at 89% and will have no more content added. The other drive is a stop gap expansion drive until I upgrade the NAS or add another NAS.

I am running TOS Version 4.2.20-2112291532, which was updated from the previous TOS version in January 2022. This is reported to be the latest version.

I am running Emby Version 4.6.7.0, which I updated subsequent to the last TOS version update. Emby Dashboard reports this as the latest version.  I am also running under an active Emby Premier license. The server has remote connections disabled, so it is a completely closed network. The load on the server is minimal, it will rarely support more than a single active session.

The Server Configuration Backup Plugin is installed. I have no issues with the plugin creating backups as expected.

When the server is streaming, there are no issues. I have no issues updated the library with new additions to the Content Libraries. Overall when the server is running I experience no perceptible performance issues, unless I have a corrupted file. Even at this point Emby will continue to stream the file past any issues.

The TNAS reports all drives as healthy, I have no CPU use issues and the memory also typically stays well within reasonable consumption.

On restart, it can take from one to several times to get Emby to start and stay started. Eventually it will start and will stay up from a few hours to a day or so. It will eventually stop and the restart process (so far) will eventually work. I have no issues with the existing library on restart. All content is as it should be in each library.

I do have access to the system logs as Emby will eventually come back up. Please let me know what I might provide to assist in troubleshooting.

SimplicityBill

• 4 weeks later...