[Problem]About People/Cast Image Metadata

OliverGrace

OliverGrace

Currently I mount a google drive which has .info and video files included. On one server everything works fine. However, when I am trying to deploy emby to a new server, the paths of people images in the .info files on google drive are still being used(.info files are actually what I need). The problem is that the path in the .info file does not exit in the new server, which results in people images not showing up. And the emby server is not searching for image replacement online even though the image path does not exist. Now none of the people image show up and the image path never gets updated. Any way to update the non-exist path and make emby download the images again? 

微信截图_20210721005954.png

Hi, try refreshing the metadata on the movie or tv series containing the person and see if that is able to pull in new images.

OliverGrace
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, try refreshing the metadata on the movie or tv series containing the person and see if that is able to pull in new images.

I clicked the refresh metdata button with "replace current image" selected but nothing changes. The people image only shows up when I click the person for refreshing metadata one by one(which theoretically will cost me tons of time to refresh all of them).  And I can't use the refresh people task to refresh because current latest version removed that task.

pünktchen

What are .info files? If you mean nfo files, Emby doesn't read image paths from nfo files so there must be some other problem.

What do you mean by deploy Emby to a new server? Copy the old installation to a new Server?

OliverGrace
4 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What are .info files? If you mean nfo files, Emby doesn't read image paths from nfo files so there must be some other problem.

What do you mean by deploy Emby to a new server? Copy the old installation to a new Server?

Yes, i mean .nfo files. Deploy to new server means I copy the media library files (including the whole movie folder structure and .nfo .jpg(poster) .ass(subtitles)) to a new server.

rodainas
7 minutes ago, OliverGrace said:

Yes, i mean .nfo files. Deploy to new server means I copy the media library files (including the whole movie folder structure and .nfo .jpg(poster) .ass(subtitles)) to a new server.

Could you post your library metadata settings please

OliverGrace

I unchecked all the settings except for the folllowing two(because i use the other server to get metadata and upload to google drive). I use the .nfo files and poster files directly.

Screenshot_2021-07-21-20-38-51-39.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-21-20-38-47-38.jpg

Edited by OliverGrace

rodainas

Enable movie metadata downloader, themoviedb for example, then select an actor do a refresh/replace images to it.

If it works you can do it globally, if you use nfos as you said be sure to have metadata reader nfos enabled.

Edited by rodainas

OliverGrace
Just now, rodainas said:

Enable movie metadata downloader, themoviedb for example, then select an actor do a refresh/replace images to it.

Thank you so much! It is working! But characters whose names are in other languages still won't get images.

rodainas

Remember, you are just searching the provider listed there, if the provider doesn’t have metadata/images it will be an empty field for you.

rodainas

Also remember to leave enabled metadata reader nfo, if not the case, to be sure the metadata for movied per se is acquired by your nfos.

OliverGrace
1 minute ago, rodainas said:

Also remember to leave enabled metadata reader nfo, if not the case, to be sure the metadata for movied per se is acquired by your nfos.

Thanks. I will check those settings.

Right, if you don't enable internet fetchers, then that explains why you won't get any images.

OliverGrace
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right, if you don't enable internet fetchers, then that explains why you won't get any images.

Thanks for stopping by, Luke.