Where is the option to remove a song from a playlist?

MBSki

MBSki

I see the option in the web app, but it doesn't show up on mobile. And clicking the minus button in the list doesn't seem to remove it from the playlist it just removes it from the queue.

Screenshot_20210720-093915_Emby.jpg

To remove an item from a playlist you have to enter the playlist directly and then remove it.

MBSki

So is this a feature request then? I want to be able to remove it when I'm playing the list. Is it possible to add that function?

You should be able to remove it from the playlist but you can't remove it from the playlist when in a queue.

Does that make sense?

MBSki
Just now, cayars said:

You should be able to remove it from the playlist but you can't remove it from the playlist when in a queue.

Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. I'd like to be able to remove a song when it's in the queue. Is that possible?

MBSki
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

You mean to remove a song from the play queue?

No. From the playlist when in the queue. When I press play on a playlist I'm guessing it opens up a queue, which looks identical to the playlist. From there I can remove a song from the queue, but I also want to be able to remove a song from the playlist.

Once you're in the Queue you are no longer in the playlist so unless you navigate back to the playlist you would not be able to remove an item from the playlist.

MBSki
17 minutes ago, cayars said:

Once you're in the Queue you are no longer in the playlist so unless you navigate back to the playlist you would not be able to remove an item from the playlist.

Ok, but is it possible to add the ability to remove it from the playlist when in the queue?

Not that I'm aware of as I'd think this could get quite messy.

What if you have a song such as Tom Sawyer in several different playlists such as Rush, 80s Rock, Best of all time, Carlo's Playlist, etc

Now if Tom Sawyer is in a play queue and I wanted to remove it from a playlist which would it remove?  How would it know?

The play queue is just a bunch of media IDs to play one after each other but doesn't track the origin of how it was added.