Developing a room / watch together dashboard

downcom

downcom

We developing a dashboard (web) to watch  movies or series together.
Our proof of concept was successful and works as we wanted.

Proof of concept:
2021-07-19_02-25-39.gif

We have tested the proof of concept and are now continuing to expand the platform, which is of course linked to Emby.

Tested functionality and implemented;

• Connect users with external dashboard (connect uid's)
  • Link devices to user
  • Make groups / invite other users
  • Sync video with each other or group
  • Resync in group
  • Groupchat

Possible ideas

• Discord connection (chat, sync, profile pictures) 
  • Discord auto voicechannel (only users who are in the group)
  • Share this dashboard with the community 

Dashboard:
unknown.png

Join room (select device):
unknown.png?width=784&height=630

Active group session with chat:
unknown.png?width=1119&height=630

Will be updated! 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

neik

Very nice, thanks for the effort put into it. 🙂

Edit: When you say "we", who are you referring to? I assume this particular project is not being developed by the Emby devs, right?

Edited by neik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

downcom
3 hours ago, neik said:

Very nice, thanks for the effort put into it. 🙂

Edit: When you say "we", who are you referring to? I assume this particular project is not being developed by the Emby devs, right?

Indeed this project is not developed by Emby's dev team itself.
By "we" I mean a group of enthusiastic Emby users who want to extend the functionality. Of course we are still testing and trying to make the project as complete as possible.

Edited by downcom
  • Like 1

chef

Whoa! That is cool. Does it work with each user on a server? So, for instance, my mom and dad could watch from their house at the same time as me at my house?

Or,

When you say it is using Connect users, does that mean you're connecting users at  a server level?

I like the glassmorphic design of that UI. That's very cool. 

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

seanbuff

Wow nice work, watching with great interest.

UI looks very slick 👌🏽

• Like 1

rechigo

Looks very nice, I have been looking for something like this

Have a few questions: Will this be open source in the future? What tech stack are you using for building it?

• Like 1

Sammy

Cool!

Will this eventually work on other client devices such as AndroidTV and AppleTV?

• Like 1

downcom
On 7/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, chef said:

Whoa! That is cool. Does it work with each user on a server? So, for instance, my mom and dad could watch from their house at the same time as me at my house?

Or,

When you say it is using Connect users, does that mean you're connecting users at  a server level?

I like the glassmorphic design of that UI. That's very cool. 

It works with each user on a server (invisible option should standard be disabled), in your situation your father watches on his Android tablet, mother on her iphone, and you at home via your browser. I post a example video below. With connect we connect this dashboard user_id and emby user_id's. 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:52 AM, rechigo said:

Looks very nice, I have been looking for something like this

Have a few questions: Will this be open source in the future? What tech stack are you using for building it?

We have not yet decided. Whether it will be an online service (one hosting) or a service that you have to install on your own server. 

On 7/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, Sammy said:

Cool!

Will this eventually work on other client devices such as AndroidTV and AppleTV?

Yes! 

• Like 7

fanuser79

awesome work, i was just looking for something like this.. is it going to be implemented in emby apps or will it be an app itself? i would prefer something very user friendly

• Like 1

ItsTheV42
5 hours ago, fanuser79 said:

awesome work, i was just looking for something like this.. is it going to be implemented in emby apps or will it be an app itself? i would prefer something very user friendly

A small update for the interested users, we have designed a logo for this project. We already tought about a name, the name wil follow later.
What you see here is a user friendly registration system. If there is a "emby server" connected to this system, the "owner" can see an list of their emby users, and can click easely on an invite button. Then a link will be created, and the owner can send the link to the user he want's to register. (since there is no possible option to get the user email by the emby api). We are trying to create it as simple as possible for the users ❤️

We decided this project will be a webapp on itself, because we want this to be as user friendly and remote-ish as possible.

register.png

login.png

• Like 6

schmickter

When do you need tester? 

Can i download a copy of this and start using it !!????! 

Awesome work!!!!  :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please let me know how I may assist with testing this for you as I have a need for this functionality right now.

• Like 1

Junglejim

This it looking really slick guys! I'm sure you will get a lot of interest in a project like this, especially in todays covid environment. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

This looks awesome... keep going, don't give up, would love to see this make it to the plugin store.

Very slick interface.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
watlingj

I'm very excited to try this. Since someone cracked open a corona on us, me and my mates have been getting together on discord, taking turns hosting movies & shows, sharing our Emby screens, but the quality is very spotty & we regularly have audio desync issues, not to mention the hosts of other problems that comes with streaming your screen over discord.

This looks fantastic. I would pay a subscription fee for this feature. Can you give an estimate on how far we are from having something we can try? are we months away or years away?

Is there any possibility of beta testing it? i'm okay with bugs & am pretty good at finding/reporting them. I help manage a personal emby server with over 70 users.

Thanks so much for this project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...