Serious conflict or error with Skin "HALLOWEEN" in Android TV client.

Fabian2101

Fabian2101

What is the section of the forum where you provide assistance to configure my Emby server and I can stream it from outside my internal NETWORK, to my father's house 35 kilometers away from my house where my computer is with my server Emby?

Since next week I will be 7 days in a row at my dad's house and I want to stream movies from my libraries on my computer.

They are enough and reach the 100 symmetric megabytes of bandwidth provided by my ISP by fiber optic (FTTH)?

vdatanet
4 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

What is the section of the forum where you provide assistance to configure my Emby server and I can stream it from outside my internal NETWORK, to my father's house 35 kilometers away from my house where my computer is with my server Emby?

First take a look at this guide:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

If you have problems you can open a new topic in the forum General/Windows.

4 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

They are enough and reach the 100 symmetric megabytes of bandwidth provided by my ISP by fiber optic (FTTH)?

It depens on the media and the concurrent sessions. If you don't use 4K Remuxes 100/100 may be fine. 

• Like 1

Fabian2101
1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

It depens on the media and the concurrent sessions. If you don't use 4K Remuxes 100/100 may be fine. 

Thank you so much for all your help. I will enter this link to read. Greetings

Fabian2101
2 hours ago, vdatanet said:

I've already been reading the guides and tutorials.

Does enabling DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) settings on my router allow me to access my Emby server remotely by whatever port number is configured?

With DMZ enabled on the router will it allow me to change the port number randomly every day?

GrimReaper
Just now, Fabian2101 said:

I've already been reading the guides and tutorials.

Does enabling DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) settings on my router allow me to access my Emby server remotely by whatever port number is configured?

With DMZ enabled on the router will it allow me to change the port number randomly every day?

Enabling DMZ is really not recommended as you'll be completely exposed. If you don't wanna go SSL route, at least go Port Forwarding one.

• Like 2

Fabian2101
2 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Enabling DMZ is really not recommended as you'll be completely exposed. If you don't wanna go SSL route, at least go Port Forwarding one.

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

I thought that with the router's Firewall protection added to the Windows Firewall protection the DMZ was not dangerous.

pwhodges

If the router has a programmable firewall built in (as mine does), then sure.  But many simpler routers rely on NAT as a pseudo-firewall, and a DMZ setting will bypass that, requiring you to ensure that the machines in the DMZ have well set up firewalls themselves.

Paul

• Like 1

Fabian2101
On 7/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, vdatanet said:

If it happens again, instead of taking the drastic re-configuration of the server from scratch, first try deleting the user and creating a new one. If something bad happens, it must be something related to the user profile, not the server.

Deleting data/cache of the Android TV app also may help.

Well, just now I am realizing that when I uninstall or remove the entire server completely, and reinstall the entire server from scratch, the client application for Android TV lost the unlock and I only have time until July 31 to pay for it again a new unlocking.

Neither the Emby server nor the client application for Android TV warned me that by reinstalling the server from scratch I would lose the unlocking of unlimited reproductions in the Android TV client.

You would have to put a signboard, or a legend, on the server, which warns that when you delete the server and reinstall from scratch, you lose the unlocking of unlimited reproductions in the Android TV client, and that you have to return to pay money to re-unlock….

GrimReaper

You don't have to pay again as the unlock is tied to your account, there is "Restore Unlock" option in Unlock dialog.

• Like 1

Fabian2101
16 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

You don't have to pay again as the unlock is tied to your account, there is "Restore Unlock" option in Unlock dialog.

Well, it only gives me the option to resend the money payment to unlock. There is no legend that gives me the option to restore the unlock without paying again.

I am thinking that it may be the fault of installing versions in BETA state, without me being registered in the BETA TESTS program. For me that the new version 2.0.31g caused the conflict with the unlocking of the Android TV client application.

Please show me a picture, screenshot, or video where I can see the caption that you say to restore the unlock without having to pay again.

9 minutes ago, Fabian2101 said:

Please show me a picture, screenshot, or video where I can see the caption that you say to restore the unlock without having to pay again.

Hi.  On the screen where you have the option to purchase the unlock, what buttons are available there?

Fabian2101
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  On the screen where you have the option to purchase the unlock, what buttons are available there?

In the following photos you can see that there is no option to reset the unlock without paying again:

IMG_20210724_005914.jpg

IMG_20210724_005936.jpg

IMG_20210724_005943.jpg

Hi.  Please press that button and you will get to another screen with more options.

• Like 1