mpv custom configuration

Kejar31

Kejar31

So I was looking to add things like ICC profiles etc to MPV.. Which I believe needs to be in the mpv.conf file in "%AppData%\Roaming\mpv\"

So I created a file there and added the needed language to create a log file to my c:\temp but unfortunately I am getting nothing.. Am I supposed to install MPV manually before adding the mpv.conf file or is that unnecessary considering its included with Emby theater? Does anyone have a how to? 

The following is the context of my mpv.conf file atm

"--log-file=<C:\tmp\Theater_mpv_log.txt>"

If I am missing something or doing something incorrect please let me know. 

Kejar31

yep just got it working.. Will be messing around with it to make sure it loads my files from the logs etc :)

generiq

For a lot of things, you can use the stats to see if the options are working. If you use mpv directly.

Edited by generiq

Kejar31
On 7/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, generiq said:

For a lot of things, you can use the stats to see if the options are working. If you use mpv directly.

Between using MPV directly and the log, I was able to verify and get everything working I wanted . Although in Emby Theater I did have to set the Video Out to "GPU" and Hardware accel mode to "Unset" to get my custom mpv hardware accel and gpu-hd settings to work.... Thank goodness, as with this I was able to set External Shaders, my custom ICC profile (made using DisplayCAL), custom HDR tone mapping and the peek nits for my display (projector)... All of which finally let me move on from MadVR.

Now the picture simply looks stunning :)

• Like 1

Kejar31
5 hours ago, generiq said:

There are some major updates in the pipeline for mpv. Hopefully, we'll see them later this year.

Do you have a link to the changes? 

generiq
1 hour ago, Kejar31 said:

Do you have a link to the changes? 

It's a huge project. The entire render engine is going to be changed. The whole thing has been rewritten and updated. It just hasn't been completed and vetted. There's too much to link to, but this is the beginning of it.

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/8799

One of the developers is working on the d3d11 hardware acceleration for it, also. 

• Like 1

Kejar31
7 hours ago, generiq said:

And if you haven't already, you should update mpv in Theater. It's a little outdated.

Yep went ahead and grabbed the latest libmpv and replaced the dll, thanks for the info. If I have stability issues I will revert.