1. emby comes with caption search problem 2. key device problem 3. dual ser

Joechung
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Joechung
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Again, did you check the OpenSubtitles and SubDB website to see what they actually have for the movie you're searching for?

I am really struggling with this problem, can I invite you to help me remotely to see what is the cause? I would be happy to cooperate.

Joechung
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you refer to our subtitle download help article to learn what steps to take if no results are being found?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848856

I confirm that I have watched this link (https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848856) many times, but unfortunately it does not help me, my problem now is very strange, the movie can get information normally, but only the subtitles can not, I also tried a lot of methods but can not I've tried many methods but nothing works, that's why I'm looking for your technicians in the forum to help me solve the subtitle problem!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

2 minutes ago, Joechung said:

I confirm that I have watched this link (https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848856) many times, but unfortunately it does not help me, my problem now is very strange, the movie can get information normally, but only the subtitles can not, I also tried a lot of methods but can not I've tried many methods but nothing works, that's why I'm looking for your technicians in the forum to help me solve the subtitle problem!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Based on that link, what exactly did you check?

Joechung
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

根据该链接,您究竟检查了什么?

I followed the settings at that link and then used OpenSubtitles in EMBY to look for subtitles, but all I ever get is: "No results found. Are you configured?"
I'm really baffled why my subtitle search function doesn't work. That's why I came here to ask the EMBY techs to help me out. Thank you!

Joechung
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

I really hope you can come over remotely and help me find out why, as this problem has been bothering me for a long time. I can accept EMBY technology for remote control access to me.

Joechung
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Because it feels like I can't solve it no matter how I describe it now, so can you please remote control over to try to help me solve it? I don't mind as long as I can solve the problem. Much appreciated.

Joechung
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

What about the guidelines relating to Imdb Id? What did you do there?

Imdb Id has no problems. OpenSubtitles account password I filled in as well.

微信截图_20210724032403.png

QQ截图20210724102832.png

2021-07-24_102621.png

Joechung
On 7/22/2021 at 8:14 PM, cayars said:

There is no need to renew a lifetime key as it's good for a lifetime.  You could extend or upgrade the device count but that's done on the backend side and does not change the key.

You want to protect this key and guard it as it only need be put in your server one time and no user can ever see it. You need to be an admin of the system to see this key.

HI Dear Ms. cayars
Can I get my answer please?

Joechung
9 minutes ago, cayars said:

What are you still not clear on?

My question 1 EMBY's own OpenSubtitles subtitles cannot be searched has not been solved, can I request remote computer assistance from your technology?

Let's see what we can solve here in the forum first since we really haven't looked at this yet.

From the web app if you search for OpenSubtitles does this work?  If not please give us an example as well as try this, then upload your server log so we can look at the request.

Joechung
50 minutes ago, cayars said:

Let's see what we can solve here in the forum first since we really haven't looked at this yet.

From the web app if you search for OpenSubtitles does this work?  If not please give us an example as well as try this, then upload your server log so we can look at the request.

Dear Ms. cayars
I'll upload the log again for you to help me find out why, because I'm having too much trouble with this subtitle.
Thank you very much Ms. cayars for your help!

1.png

微信截图_20210724032403.png

2021-07-24_102621.png

微信截图_20210724032228.png

embyserver.txt

That log file has no search for subs in it.

But in your above picture from web it was working correct?

Joechung
3 hours ago, cayars said:

That log file has no search for subs in it.

But in your above picture from web it was working correct?

Dear Ms. cayars
I'll retry the search and then I'll re-upload the log and upload the relevant video for you to view. I now have no problem playing and networking and finding movie poster information, the only problem at the moment is that EMBY's own subtitles are not searchable.

embyserver.txt

Don't know if the video works for anyone else but I can't see it.

Joechung
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

Don't know if the video works for anyone else but I can't see it.

It should be a problem with the website, you need to download it to see the video content.

5 hours ago, Joechung said:

the only problem at the moment is that EMBY's own subtitles are not searchable

Hi.  Exactly what do you mean by this?  Subtitle search searches subtitle provider sites (external to Emby) for subtitles that match your content.  There is no need to search for subtitles that are already there...

I'm confused by this as well as it looks like it already found some of the subs that were available.

Joechung
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly what do you mean by this?  Subtitle search searches subtitle provider sites (external to Emby) for subtitles that match your content.  There is no need to search for subtitles that are already there...

Hello, I searched for subtitles on the external OpenSubtitles site just to prove to you that they are indeed available on the external OpenSubtitles site, but why can't I search for them in EMBY?
I understand that there is no need to search for subtitles that already exist, but I'm just doing it to prove to you that there are generally more subtitles in English (but unfortunately EMBY can't even find English subtitles on its own, even if I find a random one). I am normally going to search for simplified Chinese.

Edited by Joechung

Joechung
6 hours ago, cayars said:

I'm confused by this as well as it looks like it already found some of the subs that were available.

Hello, Madam
The screenshots I showed you are basically the movies with embedded subtitles (not the subtitles found by EMBY itself). The subtitles I really need to find are in Simplified Chinese. I showed you to look for English subtitles because they are easier to find in OpenSubtitles, but after I tested many times EMBY internal search did not succeed in finding subtitles, no matter searching for English, Simplified Chinese or other languages.

Joechung

My point is very simple from beginning to end, I just want EMBY to be able to search for subtitles properly, in either English or Simplified Chinese (provided they are available on the OpenSubtitles website of course).

The problem for us/me is understanding what I'm seeing since it' done in another language other than English.

Any chance you could redo the video with Emby set to English???

Joechung
20 minutes ago, cayars said:

The problem for us/me is understanding what I'm seeing since it' done in another language other than English.

Any chance you could redo the video with Emby set to English???

Hello Ma'am, I can set the EMBY to English and retry the problem.

embyserver.txt