1. emby comes with caption search problem 2. key device problem 3. dual ser

Joechung
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Joechung

亲爱的 Emby 团队: 您好,我尝试在 IOS 和 W10 或网络上搜索字幕,但没有找到任何字幕。我购买了终身会员,解锁了字幕搜索功能并安装了插件。请求解决方案。

问题出现在以附图为例,这个《21座桥》原本自带4个英文内嵌字幕,后来我尝试通过Emby搜索英文、简体中文和繁体中文的字幕,发现没有一个字幕搜索。

微信图片_20210719153655.png

微信图片_20210719153800.png

Edited by Joechung
Minor Changes

您好,请附上您尝试此操作时的 emby 服务器日志。 您可能因地理位置被阻止连接到这些服务。

Joechung

希望看到我信息后回复我哈,需要我这边做任何配合,我都非常乐意。

Edited by Joechung

Joechung
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

您好,请附上您此时的服务日志。您可能因中断操作连接到这些服务。

Hi there, I'm happy to provide the log. Please take a look, I have also recorded a video for you to view. I hope you can help me to find out the reason soon. thanks

embyserver.txt

Joechung

HI 亲爱的emby系统工程师
1. emby自带字幕搜索问题:我尝试在IOS和W10或网络上搜索字幕,但没有找到任何字幕。我购买了终身会员,解锁了字幕搜索功能并安装了插件。求解决办法。
问题出现在以附图为例,这个《21座桥》原本自带4个英文内嵌字幕,后来我尝试通过Emby搜索英文、简体中文和繁体中文的字幕,都没有搜索到字幕,我会上传问题1的日志和视频附件,请工作人员帮我解决。

问题2.关于key,我想问一下,我在网站上找不到答案,我想知道,一个终身key设备限制是25个设备,那么如果我不买扩展设备外壳,超过26个设备,会发生什么?将来我的密钥将不可用吗?

问题3.我想为我的Emby设置双服务器,我打算安排NAS的服务器端只读取和加载电影资源,并利用PC服务器端的性能来做资源抓取,但问题出现了,我的PC Emby Theater的服务器端设置了新媒体搜索无法搜索NAS的电影库,只能搜索到本地C和D盘。请告诉我如何使用 PC 上的 Emby Theater 将电影文件添加到 NAS?

embyserver.txt

Edited by Joechung

Luke covered the first so I'll continue with #2 & 3.

The 25 device limit is for clients using any Premiere feature.  The license is held for about a week so if the device stops being used or doesn't need a Premiere feature it will fall of the list and free that spot up.  If you were to go over 25 the 26th client would get a message but this would not affect the current 25 devices.

Emby Theater is a software client and not a server so it won't be able to do what you want. If what you're talking about when mentioning "resources" is things like subtitle downloads, graphics, meta-data you NAS can handle this fine as these do not require much CPU/processing at all.

Let us know if we got all you questions answered.

Joechung

谢谢 你们的热心回答。希望可以看到我信息后回复我一下。非常感谢.

Edited by Joechung

Joechung
7 hours ago, Luke said:

我们已经在这里讨论了字幕问题:

我们pc-clients-emby-self-subtitle-search-problem
所以让继续那里。

Dear Mr. Luke, first of all, thank you very much for your help, but I think you can help me to find out the reason why the subtitles can't be searched as soon as possible, if you need me to cooperate in any way, I am also very happy to cooperate with remote assistance (we can arrange a time)
I'm having a lot of trouble with this subtitle problem. Thanks again for your help, Mr. Luke. Thank you!

Joechung
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Luke covered the first so I'll continue with #2 & 3.

The 25 device limit is for clients using any Premiere feature.  The license is held for about a week so if the device stops being used or doesn't need a Premiere feature it will fall of the list and free that spot up.  If you were to go over 25 the 26th client would get a message but this would not affect the current 25 devices.

Emby Theater is a software client and not a server so it won't be able to do what you want. If what you're talking about when mentioning "resources" is things like subtitle downloads, graphics, meta-data you NAS can handle this fine as these do not require much CPU/processing at all.

Let us know if we got all you questions answered.

Dear Ms. cayars, thank you very much for your reply, I have two other questions to ask.
1. Is there any way to update the new lifetime key key for the lifetime KEY key? (That is, not to use the original key number later with a new key number)
2. If I want to replace my lifetime key key with a new email address, is it possible? How do I do it?

Joechung
On 7/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, Luke said:

您好,请附上您尝试此操作时的 emby 服务器日志。 您可能因地理位置被阻止连接到这些服务。

Dear Mr. Luke, first of all, thank you very much for your help, but I think you can help me to find out the reason why the subtitles can't be searched as soon as possible, if you need me to cooperate in any way, I am also very happy to cooperate with remote assistance (we can arrange a time)
I'm having a lot of trouble with this subtitle problem. Thanks again for your help, Mr. Luke. Thank you!

I'm not sure why you would need to switch Premiere Keys but you can if you want to.  Just click the Premiere menu option in the web admin section and then change the key and save it.

If you need to change the email address of the current key email billingsupport@emby.media for assistance with this.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Joechung
30 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm not sure why you would need to switch Premiere Keys but you can if you want to.  Just click the Premiere menu option in the web admin section and then change the key and save it.

If you need to change the email address of the current key email billingsupport@emby.media for assistance with this.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Dear Ms. cayars, Hello.
I mean I want to update my original Premiere KEY number directly. Because let's say I shared my Premiere KEY with a friend or family member, but then that friend shared it again, resulting in more than 25 devices (I didn't have the option to purchase an extended KEY number), and I want to change my Premiere KEY number at this point in time. What should I do?

Edited by Joechung

Hi, If you have a different email address then you could use this register a new Premiere Key.  You wouldn't be able to use the same email address as the first because a single key is associated with a single email address.

If you have any questions about this at all email billingsupport@emby.media and they will answer any specific questions you have.

Carlo

Joechung
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Hi, If you have a different email address then you could use this register a new Premiere Key.  You wouldn't be able to use the same email address as the first because a single key is associated with a single email address.

If you have any questions about this at all email billingsupport@emby.media and they will answer any specific questions you have.

Carlo

Dear Ms. cayars
Do you mean Lifetime Premiere KEY numbers can never be renewed?
So you are saying that I have to create a new email and purchase the 119US Lifetime Premiere KEY again?
Like this
 What if my Lifetime Premiere KEY is stolen by an illegal person and I can't update my Lifetime Premiere KEY number?
If I can update my Lifetime Premiere KEY, then I can prevent illegal people from stealing my Lifetime Premiere KEY.

Is there a way to update the Lifetime Premiere KEY number without changing the email address?

Edited by Joechung

There is no need to renew a lifetime key as it's good for a lifetime.  You could extend or upgrade the device count but that's done on the backend side and does not change the key.

You want to protect this key and guard it as it only need be put in your server one time and no user can ever see it. You need to be an admin of the system to see this key.

Hi.  You should never share your Premiere key with anyone but please send an email to billingsupport@emby.media with the key in question and we can see what we can do.

Thanks.

Joechung
2 hours ago, cayars said:

There is no need to renew a lifetime key as it's good for a lifetime.  You could extend or upgrade the device count but that's done on the backend side and does not change the key.

You want to protect this key and guard it as it only need be put in your server one time and no user can ever see it. You need to be an admin of the system to see this key.

Ok, thank you for your kind answer. But I still have a very, very worried question, in case my lifetime secret key is accidentally stolen by someone who steals the data and the stealer takes it and uses it, won't I have to use the same secret key with the stealer all the time? If I learn that the secret key has been stolen by the stealer, I can prevent the stealer from sharing the secret key with me by updating the secret key. Is there no way to update or change the secret key in this case?

Also I would like to ask Luke if he didn't answer me because my question is difficult to handle?
Now my problem is that only Emby subtitles are not searchable, can you help me with problem 1? The problem log and the problem video are attached above. I'm really struggling because I can't find the subtitles. Thank you for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Joechung

Joechung
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You should never share your Premiere key with anyone but please send an email to billingsupport@emby.media with the key in question and we can see what we can do.

Thanks.

Ok, thank you for your kind answer. But I still have my own concern about theft and I share the secret key, and I want to stop sharing the secret key with theft, so I'm trying very hard to get a solution.
This is something that I personally care about and am very worried about, as well as the EMBY subtitle search problem (I have uploaded the log attachment and video about the problem above)

Joechung

I ask you to forgive my obsession, but the issues I have raised are all concerns that we consumers have and may one day even to the same problems as I have. I apologize in advance if my follow-up questions have bothered you. But I still want to get answers.

You've enabled five subtitle providers. Have you checked the websites for each of those to see what they actually have for the movie you're searching for?

Joechung
48 minutes ago, Luke said:

You've enabled five subtitle providers. Have you checked the websites for each of those to see what they actually have for the movie you're searching for?

Even if I only have 2 subtitles on, I still can't search for subtitles. I'll re-upload the log, please help me again to see why. Thank you!

1.png

embyserver.txt

Again, did you check the OpenSubtitles and SubDB website to see what they actually have for the movie you're searching for?

Joechung
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Again, did you check the OpenSubtitles and SubDB website to see what they actually have for the movie you're searching for?

Dear Luke
I'll show you the screenshot again, I really understand that OpenSubtitles has the exact subtitles on it, and the corresponding movie name and subtitles are not searchable in OpenSubtitles that comes with EMBY, I'm very distressed what causes it.

微信截图_20210724032403.png

微信截图_20210724032228.png

Edited by Joechung