iOS 15 beta Apple CarPlay cannot connect

Moleeder

Moleeder

Good morning all,

Ever since I have upgraded to iOS 15 beta, I cannot access my emby server via Apple CarPlay, it comes up with error unable to connect to server. Accessing emby on my iPhone works flawlessly.

Emby server version 4.5.4.0.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the emby app, no luck.

current emby app version is 2.0.9 and same on 2.0.8.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Hi, thanks for the info. We haven't looked at iOS 15 yet but this is on our list of things to review once we do. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke, sorry about the delayed response. Yes I am still running into this issue. I’m wondering if CarPlay has a seperate dns cache or something, and is trying to connect to an old ip or something similar?

Cert is supplied by let's encrypt. ssl/tls.

I have tried Just on the LAN - No luck

I have tried to via a portforward to 8096 - No luck.

At this point I'm going to assume that it's either app, or CarPlay has made some changes. The only thing that has changed, is the update to iOS 15

There is no certificate involved if I connect directly to the IP of my server via LAN. If it was just occurring on the WAN, then I'd agree. However connecting via LAN, still throws the cannot connect error. Is there anyone else facing this issue?

I'll try and reissue the cert and see if that fixes it.

I've reissued the certs - No change.

I did a fresh install on a new container, to remove potential server config issues -  Connected iPhone Emby app, no issues 

Connected to CarPlay - still the same error. No certs where used at this point. What is interesting though, is at some points it'll just load a bank screen, other points it'll come up and say unable to connect.

At this point I'm convinced it's an app issue, app works fine standalone on iPhone, when it's connected to CarPlay is the issue.

I'm more than happy to help out and do some testing for you guys.

Edited: iOS 15 is no longer beta

Edited by Moleeder

I've just tried with the official release from the App Store, and still no good.

I even reset my iPhone settings. 

Just to be clear, the app on iPhone works flawlessly, it's just CarPlay that is the issue

• 2 weeks later...
JoeSanfer

I'm having the exact same issue. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't on Carplay. The issue is only on Carplay.  The iPhone app works flawlessly remotely.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, ferman365 said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't on Carplay. The issue is only on Carplay.  The iPhone app works flawlessly remotely.

We're looking into it. Thanks.