FLAC Support on iOS

rickster53

rickster53

I understand that there is no native support for flac on iOS, but there are apps that do support it.  I am using the iPad app and am wondering if flac support can/will be added as my entire music library is encoded in flac.

rickster53

When music support is added for the remote apps I imagine they will add transcoding options

The iPad app "seems" to support Music already...  Ie.  I can browse to my Music folder and see all the Album Artists, but when I select one, it says "Media Type Not Supported".  So I suppose you are right that transcoding has yet to be implemented.  Does anyone know if MP3 is currently supported for Music? 

overClocked!

The iPad app "seems" to support Music already...  Ie.  I can browse to my Music folder and see all the Album Artists, but when I select one, it says "Media Type Not Supported".  So I suppose you are right that transcoding has yet to be implemented.  Does anyone know if MP3 is currently supported for Music?

Not yet for either iOS client apps. Video only at the moment.

Spaceboy

Yep just video for now, but when enabled I guess, like other clients, compatible media will direct play and others will be transcoded