SONY SRS-HG1 (dlna renderer) can't play anything

cchsieh

cchsieh

I use SONY SRS-HG1 speaker as DLNA renderer and use Emby web client to play music to SONY speaker. I created a XML profile for SONY speaker, and I checked the log file and Emby server seems autodetect everything. But when I play mp3/flac/dsf audio files, it can't play anything. What can I do for it?

Log and profile attached. Thanks in advance.

embyserver.sony.dlna.txt Sony SRS-HG1 Test.xml

Hi there, is there a reason you need a custom profile? For audio-only devices that's generally not needed anymore due to the auto-detection of supported formats.

cchsieh

Because I can't play anything before I create a custom profile. And then I create the profile for testing. I'll upload another log without profile when I go home.

Because I can't play anything before I create a custom profile. 

So now you can play? I'm pretty positive you don't need the custom profile. The issue is something else.

Your device is sending back a 401 unauthorized error when trying to play. That suggests to me that you might have to enable something on the speaker in order to allow this. Does it have any settings?

cchsieh

I can't play any music file with or without the custom profile now.

Sony speaker has no related options for DLNA and also no options for authorization. I try many Android and Windows apps (Bubbleupnp, Yatse, KODI, Foobar2000 ...etc), all can play to Sony speaker by DLNA. In Sony speaker's Android app, it can browse Emby server's content, but it can't play any songs.

cchsieh

I deleted the custom profile and try again.

embyserver.emby.web.txt: I play from Emby web client to Sony speaker. It can't play anything.

embyserver.sony.txt: I use Sony speaker's app to browse Emby server's content, and try to play from Sony's speaker directly, but it can't play anything, too.

At the same time, I use Sony speaker's app to browser KODI DLNA server's content, and it plays the song which I choose. And I also can play songs from Foobar2000 to Sony speaker.

If anything I can try, just tell me. Thanks in advance.

embyserver.sony.txt embyserver.emby.web.txt

cchsieh

No, it can't play with the custom profile.

Can Emby server log more detail?

Edited by cchsieh

cchsieh

I open Emby web client, and choose to play on Sony speaker, and then choose a song to play. That's all. But it can't play anything. Emby web client doesn't show that it's playing, and no sound output from Sony speaker. 

I notice the log has both 192.x and 10.x ip addresses. Is the Sony on a different subnet as the server?

cchsieh

The machine of Emby server has two network interface, one for lan (10.x) and one for internet (192.x assigned by vdsl modem). Emby server use 10.0.0.1 for lan and Sony speaker should be 10.0.0.120. They are on the same subnet.

Edited by cchsieh

cchsieh

Oh no ... I don't know when the autodetected ip changed, and last time I noticed, it was 10.x I remembered. I set "Local IP address" to 10.0.0.1 and then it can play correctly including mp3/flac/dsf audio files now.

BTW, the translation in tranditional chinese of the option "Local IP address" is not correct, it may be better to translate it to "伺服器區域網路IP位址". The option "主機IP位址" is "Server IP address" in english, and the translation confuses me. Or it maybe better just keep the original english words :P .

Thank you very much. 

Thanks for the feedback. This is actually a problem with the Dlna feature that is only observed when mulitple subnets are utilized. It is on my to do list to rework, but for now, ensuring the subnet matches what is displayed on the server dashboard local address will allow it to play.