can't connect from tv android emby client

peppeg85

peppeg85

Hello, i've installed Emby server on raspberry Pi 3, set up the emby user and connected an usb pen, connecting from the browser from a windows pc it works, i can enter with the user created for emby and can see the files loaded in the library.

I have also a Philips tv, installed the Emby client and when i try to connect with the same user and password used from chrome it doesn't work. tried also with connect, specifying the server ip and port, but it doesn't work. any suggestions?

i can browse also in the tv menu, and it recognize an emby server, but i can0t see the library files. 

what can I try

thank you

peppeg85

it sais wrong username and password, but they are correct, it happens with emby for android tv app

13 hours ago, peppeg85 said:

it sais wrong username and password, but they are correct, it happens with emby for android tv app

How did you connect to your emby server using the android tv app? Did you manually enter the server ip address?

peppeg85

I tried both automatically (there was yet the username in the list), than with emby connect, i set the server ip address manually

peppeg85

anyway, sorry for ember, but i've installed minidlna on the rpi and a dlna client on the tv, now i have the shared folder on the home of the android tv and happy wife and daughter 😀

thanks for the support!

On 7/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, peppeg85 said:

ok, i will try, thanks for your help!

@peppeg85 let us know how you get on. Thanks.