my emby4.6.4 is dsm7.0 "My Emby Key Says it is Invalid or Missing"

mcb276084423
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

mcb276084423

Today, I reinstalled the emby 4.6.4 version. In the DSM7.0 environment, the permission problem was solved normally, but I could not use the Emby Premiere secret key. I tried the methods in the link and couldn’t solve it. Later I tried to use it again. To build the emby version in the docker environment, you can use the Emby Premiere secret key. It is suspected that it is a problem with the emby4.6.4 suite version. The following attachment is my Logs log.

logs.txt

Is that log file from the docker install?

Do you have a log file from the native DSM 7 app?

mcb276084423

5 hours ago, cayars said:

Is that log file from the docker install?

Do you have a log file from the native DSM 7 app?

NO This is the log of the DSM7 APP

Edited by mcb276084423

mcb276084423
11 hours ago, cayars said:

Could you post or PM me the full server log file?

OK Yes, I have contacted ""Emby Media<billingsupport@emby.media> by email "

His reply to me:

You log file is full of errors trying to validate Emby Connect users. Have you added Emby Connect users to your system? If so could you try to remove them to see if these errors get removed. He asked me to do this Look at each user you have setup on your system and make sure "(Optional) Emby Connect username or email address:" is empty for each user

My reply is: Yes, I have checked it. When setting up the initial emby account, I did not enter the email information about emby connect.

Thank you very much for your guidance

logs.zip

Hi, yes that was me replying.  If possible I'd prefer to just try and figure this out here in the forum vs the trouble ticket system since more people can see this here and potentially have ideas.

There error I was referring to is this:

2021-07-17 07:29:14.253 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate
2021-07-17 07:29:14.264 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://10.50.101.8:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded, Accept-Charset=UTF-8,*, Accept-Encoding=gzip, Host=10.50.101.8:8096, User-Agent=EmbyCon-1.10.12, Content-Length=25, X-Emby-Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Kodi EmbyCon",Device="EmbyCon",DeviceId="378f48af5cf443bf875ac6e29e3c7e81",Version="1.10.12"
2021-07-17 07:29:14.265 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Fri Jun 25 02:37:14 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateWithProvider(IAuthenticationProvider provider, String username, String password, User resolvedUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Authentication.ProviderAuthenticationResult] Authenticate(System.String, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)

I do see now those errors are being generated by EmbyCon which seems to keep trying to login with Emby Connect.  So you may want to check on that.

That is different then the initial problem reported but I just wanted to mention it to you.  The main issue is that your NAS box is failing the SSL connection to mb3admin for validation of your Premiere Key.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.

InnerException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I'm not actually sure why you get an invalid certificate message which is puzzling.

Do you have IPV6 turn on for your NAS?  If so can you try turning that off and only using IPv4 to see if this makes a difference?

Would it be possible for us to do a remote session so we can take a look and see if we can discover anything?

mcb276084423

OK ,I have checked that I have not used ipv6. I use ipv4 to use the network. Then I temporarily use emby built by docker. The magic is that emby can be used normally with my key. There will be no errors like the kit. If you need to remotely, you can use teamview, but I may leave at 10 am in China, maybe we can arrange a time to deal with it.

I'm sending you a PM so we can setup a remote session to get a look at this.

We had to cut the remote session short due to time difference but pretty sure we found it's likely caused by the use of VPN service at the router.
So essentially the Emby Server is behind a VPN.

Forgetting about Emby but just SSH/Putty into the NAS and doing a CURL to any https://address would fail with a cert error.

That's as far as we got diagnosing the issue and need to try with no VPN inline.

@mcb276084423 can try this on his own or we can pickup from where we left off with another remote session and test this together.

Sorry didn't see this earlier but you could always PM me when you're available.  I believe we are exactly 12 hours apart so anytime after 7pm your time would work for me.

• Solution

Sorry, you want to PM so I get a notification and will see it faster.

RealTenaciousC

I'm having the exact same issue since yesterday, coincidence or not but this issue began after my nas was shutdown due to a power outage...

to make maters even worse, it seems my main account on the emby forum is BANNED, I could not imagine a reason why my account would get banned, unless emby doesn't like I'm going via a VPN connection.
I understand nothing in this world is for free and the developers of this amazing media server need our subscriptions to keep them motivated and also as a token of respect for their hard work but to be honest, a problem like this making my setup unusuable while having a monthly paid subscription for over a uear already doesn't entertain me one single bit, it has opened my eyes to how centralized this setup is and how easily it can start failing by a single server on the emby side deciding my key is no good.

Could it be something on the emby side changed and is inta blocking (banning) everything that runs via VPN? (My NAS goes though VPN too)? My VPN service of choice is PIA

Hope we can get this issue solved soon but also there can be found another way to handle the premiere keys so that it is less likely to fail

mcb276084423
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Sorry, you want to PM so I get a notification and will see it faster.

sorry I don’t know how to PM, it’s the first time to use this website

RealTenaciousC
1 minute ago, mcb276084423 said:

sorry I don’t know how to PM, it’s the first time to use this website

Simply hover your mouse over the person you want to PM their profile picture and press the send message button

mcb276084423
7 minutes ago, RealTenaciousC said:

I'm having the exact same issue since yesterday, coincidence or not but this issue began after my nas was shutdown due to a power outage...

to make maters even worse, it seems my main account on the emby forum is BANNED, I could not imagine a reason why my account would get banned, unless emby doesn't like I'm going via a VPN connection.
I understand nothing in this world is for free and the developers of this amazing media server need our subscriptions to keep them motivated and also as a token of respect for their hard work but to be honest, a problem like this making my setup unusuable while having a monthly paid subscription for over a uear already doesn't entertain me one single bit, it has opened my eyes to how centralized this setup is and how easily it can start failing by a single server on the emby side deciding my key is no good.

Could it be something on the emby side changed and is inta blocking (banning) everything that runs via VPN? (My NAS goes though VPN too)? My VPN service of choice is PIA

Hope we can get this issue solved soon but also there can be found another way to handle the premiere keys so that it is less likely to fail

I checked it seems that the certificate of mb3admin.com cannot be verified, but the strange thing is that the docker version does. I currently use the docker version.

RealTenaciousC
On 7/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, cayars said:

We had to cut the remote session short due to time difference but pretty sure we found it's likely caused by the use of VPN service at the router.

Forgetting about Emby but just SSH/Putty into the NAS and doing a CURL to any https://address would fail with a cert error.

That's as far as we got diagnosing the issue and need to try with no VPN inline.

@mcb276084423 can try this on his own or we can pickup from where we left off with another remote session and test this together.

i've disabeled the vpn for my NAS via the openvpn settings of my router and restarting the emby server, didn't solve the issue... could it be it got flagged somewhere at emby side after it spotted a VPN connection and refuses that key from that moment on? 

It's extremely dissapointing not being able to use emby right now due to this, it's sunday, it's raining, kids want to watch a movie... the more I think about it the more I'm doubting if this premier type of licencing is worth it, it creates a single point of failure that blocks me from watching my own local data now, while I pay a monthy fee for this service... 

RealTenaciousC
On 7/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, cayars said:

i've disabeled the vpn for my NAS via the openvpn settings of my router and restarting the emby server, didn't solve the issue... could it be it got flagged somewhere at emby side after it spotted a VPN connection and refuses that key from that moment on? 

It's extremely dissapointing not being able to use emby right now due to this, it's sunday, it's raining, kids want to watch a movie... the more I think about it the more I'm doubting if this premier type of licencing is worth it, it creates a single point of failure that blocks me from watching my own local data now, while I pay a monthy fee for this service... 

20 minutes ago, RealTenaciousC said:

2021-07-25 13:33:43.024 Info HttpClient: POST https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validate
2021-07-25 13:33:43.621 Info HttpClient: Http response 200 from https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validate after 596ms. HeadersServer=nginx, Date=Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:33:43 GMT, Connection=keep-alive, Access-Control-Allow-Origin=*, Access-Control-Allow-Headers=Content-Type, Range, Accept, X-Emby-Token, X-Admin-Token, X-Application, Access-Control-Allow-Methods=GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, Cache-Control=no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, Pragma=no-cache, Vary=Accept-Encoding
2021-07-25 13:33:43.695 Info SecurityManager: Not registered for MBSupporter

Seems I am able to connect to mb3admin.com... or am I readin this wrong?

Hi to PM (private message) just click on the person's username to bring up their user info and you should see a big "Message" button up top to use for this.

From our previous remote session this wasn't an Emby issue as using curl in an SSH session would also have this issue.  So it's something at the Synology (OS) level, not Emby.

It could be something like DSM not being able to update the master cert list providers list from behind the VPN when it was updated.

While someone on this forum might know how to fix this the best place to get info on this might be the Synology forums.
https://community.synology.com/enu

1 hour ago, RealTenaciousC said:

Have you restarted the NAS box itself after changing the VPN?

RealTenaciousC
Just now, cayars said:

Have you restarted the NAS box itself after changing the VPN?

Yes I did... Looking in the logs the issue I'm facing might be different compared to the topic starter of this post, i don't seem to be receiving the same errors as him.
Could it be reltaed to the fact my main account is receiving an banned message here on the forum?