Collections Tab - Custom Bars

OnyxUK

OnyxUK

Hey, Not sure if this is possible but would be really nice to have an option to have customizable tabs for the collections section, this would of course be only available through activating this through the  backend, but once you active this option you would have a new bar that appears under the collections menu, i have included a photo below to kinda explain what i mean :) 

1.thumb.jpg.89637cba9de429de2910978fd9a5ef8b.jpg

as you can see above, you would have set tabs under the main collections menu where you would be able to hand pick what collection would go where, this doesn't have to be done with all collections as you would have a default tab with (view all) just incase you don't want to make a separate menu for each collection as these are already in a main collections area, the reason why i believe this would be a great idea this it would help to narrow down certain collections in your library and to help with navigation for views, so if the admin chose to he/she could put all the mavel collections into a marvel studio tab where that would then show all collections with marvel, still keeping to the same layout that it has now but just showing marvel collections ie spider-man | avengers | ant-man| iron man and so on or show case a certain collection like the fast  & furious  and just show the films in that collection, but have them show like they would do when you have already clicked on the fast & furious collection so it shows just the movies not the collection and then having to click into it to view all the films. 

rule for this to be set would be say if a custom menu has only one collection in it show all the movies for that menu, for more than one collection show it like it already does in the collections area. ( i will include another photo  to explain this better) p.s very tiered when writing this lol 

if this is possible to do i would also have the option to set a photo for the menu and option to hide menu titles as well to simplify things.

3.thumb.jpg.93d8185674f978b564c06a9a59414570.jpg

HI, so basically you want to be able to eliminate having to navigate to the collection detail screen?

OnyxUK
20 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, so basically you want to be able to eliminate having to navigate to the collection detail screen?

hi luke, no i mean still have the collections how they are but inside of the collection library have this option for a new custom bar, so people with large collections can narrow down certain ones as stated above. 

with the custom bar above this would have to be activated through the backend options, then once activated the admin can then start to add tabs of there own but limit this to say 8-10 tabs  

GrimReaper

If I understood this correctly, you want Collections of Collections? Collection Groups?

OnyxUK
2 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

If I understood this correctly, you want Collections of Collections? Collection Groups?

yeah pretty much, just makes it easier for large libraries, this could also be done for movies but they have alot of sorting options already as where collection doesnt