Issues with rendering subtitles on most recent iOS app

jackthedoc

jackthedoc

I have noticed that the subtitles that I know are present occasionally do not appear on my iPadOS app's subtitle menu; the subtitles are present on my server and are always recognised and displayed on both of my desktop app for windows.

Occasionally even when the subtitle menu on my iPadOS is populated, selecting a subtitle does not result in that subtitle being displayed on screen.

Does this sound like an issue that is already known about? if so, is there a solution? If not, what steps should I take to correct the problem?

My Chromecast with google TV app works perfectly, as does the Emby desktop app for windows (all iterations).  only the iPadOS version is glitching...

Thanks in advance

John Norris

jackthedoc

I'm not sure how to show that subtitles are not being generated/displayed. I have tried to watch movies with subtitles embedded in the mkv jacket and srt subtitles that have been placed in the same windows subfile with the same file name.  I can load and display both these formats on my server, a windows 10 PC.  I can play and view these subtitles via windows desktop EMBY (the full software, not the app downloaded from windows store) on my Dell laptop and on an intel NUC connected to my LG smart TV.  I can display the subtitles via the Chromecast dongle AND via the app on my Apple TV (4K)... The only app that refuses to display subtitles appears to be the iPadOS.

Does that sound like something is missing on my iPadOS app? or perhaps it suggests that I need to tweak a setting somewhere or other? 

I should add that my previously installed versions of EMBY for iPadOS displayed the subtitles with no problem (apart from the period during which some letters were displayed superimposed over other letters - and I did send you screen shots of this issue)

Help! (and thanks)

John Norris