Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'usenet'.
Roodee posted a topic in Tools and UtilitiesHi All, so, I have Emby for several years, after I head Plex for some time before then. In another thread here someone asked me if I used Sonarr and Radarr... I had no idea then what they were. So I first peeked at it, then looked at it, then I felt overwhelmed by what it all requires. I sidelined it for several months, before I thought to try it. Again, I was dumb-struck by what it all requires (indexers for example). I did have Emby, and I like that it recognized my movies even though my naming scheme was nothing like what Emby recommends (> Movies , > TV-Series). Mine is, more or less, movies/<year YYYY>/<movie name>.(<year YYYY>).some.other.info.like.res.or.language/<movie name>.some.other.info.like.res.or.language.<ext> TV shows are much more in disarray. So I installed Radarr, after I had decided to use debian as base-OS for the VM. And I thought Radarr would help me with my movies. Well, I had to correct my opinion really quick, I don't think it does help. Not with movies I already have. It might help with new movies, but I does have to test that. Not to get stuck on a specific problem, I added Sonarr. Then I understood, I will not get very far without an Indexer. So, I looked into NZBHydra2. I did like the looks of it, but then I decided to use Prowlarr nonetheless (at this point I purged this VM and started a new one from scratch, start from square one). I was lucky to get into drunkenslug for free, added Binsearch (free), looking at nzbplanet right now. I added Whisparr as last one of the Servarr package, I am not sure I need the others. I then added a headless qBit, and I started using it, just to test it. After some issues with it at first, I am quite fond of it now. As part of my DLNA troubleshooting, I had set up another VM along the way with Jellyfin that serves the same movies as Emby. Lastly, I added SABnzb. I had an Eweka subscription for some time, but it was dormant. I have to say I am used to download usenet article by article, and have some windows tool assemble it all. If the tool fails, I just kick the entire download. But I basically did not use nzb-files. That was years ago. (I first downloaded from the usenet in the first haf of the nineties,) Planned, but not implemented, it JD2. I have to say that I am not done at all. Populating Prowlarr with indexers helped to get all the other populated as well. So, without adding any connections or dataflow, this is my setup: I must admit I have not used the whole "Arr-"chitecture yet. Not once. I usually look at what is "hot" and "Top" on the trackers, I look at IMDB for similar movies to one I like or movies from an actor I like. How do I get Radarr or Sonarr to match my path-Setup: Radarr: Year/Movie Name (Year)/Movie file.ext Sonarr: Series Name/Season #/Series Name E##S##.<episode name if known>.ext Whisparr: <Genre or Keyword>/Movie Name (Year)/Movie file.ext How do I get Radarr to help my identify what is hot on a tracker? How do I get qBit not to lose track of where the data goes after it was completely downloaded? How do I get Sonarr prefer full seasons over single episodes? Has anyone else here a similar software-setup and perfected all the settings and the "inter-software-communication"? Can you help me with my issues? I would love to hear from others! Cheers, Roodee
schmitty posted a topic in Feature RequestsHi, I would like to see some additional functionality added, either directly to the server, or via plugin. I use Media Center Master for scraping and downloading tv torrents and nzb, and would really like to see this added, as MCM is becoming a pain to use, due to it's often slow response. i am currently looking into purchasing a Synology NAS, and when I finally do, I want to retire my sever altogether. Unfortunately though, I won't be able to, as I will still need it just to run MCM. Also, additional filename conventions need to be added to the server. Currently TV shows are using the following format: \\SERVER\TV\T, T (YEAR)\T, T (Y).VCO-ACO.VSO-QA.ext And Movies: \\SERVER\MOVIES\T, T (Y).VCO-ACO.VSO-QA\T, T (Y).VCO-ACO.VSO-QA.ext The Movie path is so long because MCM does not allow seperate naming for the directorty and filename, otherwise I would use \\SERVER\MOVIES\T, T (Y)\T, T (Y).VCO-ACO.VSO-QA.ext Unless there has been an update that I have missed, where the VSO (Video Source) and QA (Quality/Resolution) has been added, as I use MCM for the renaming for this reason, it would be good to have this added.