Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'nvidiashieldpro'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • Announcements
    • Emby Premiere Purchase/Subscription Support
    • Feature Requests
    • Tutorials and Guides
  • Emby Server
    • General/Windows
    • Android Server
    • Asustor
    • FreeBSD
    • Linux
    • NetGear ReadyNAS
    • MacOS
    • QNAP
    • Synology
    • TerraMaster NAS
    • Thecus
    • Western Digital
    • DLNA
    • Live TV
  • Emby Apps
    • Amazon Alexa
    • Android Mobile
    • Android TV / Fire TV
    • Emby Theater
    • iOS
    • Apple TV
    • Kodi
    • Raspberry Pi
    • Roku
    • Samsung Smart TV
    • Sony PlayStation
    • LG Smart TV
    • Web App
    • Windows Media Center
    • Plugins
  • Language-specific support
    • Arabic
    • Dutch
    • French
    • German
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
  • Community Contributions
    • Ember for Emby
    • Fan Art & Videos
    • Tools and Utilities
    • Web App CSS
  • Other
    • Non-Emby General Discussion
    • Developer API
    • Hardware
    • Media Clubs
    • Legacy Support


  • Emby Blog

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 1 result

  1. Running The Nvidia Shield Emby Server on a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro. Attempting to use the Nvidia GPU to do hardware trans-codes has never worked for me. Ever hopeful, I wanted to test under and discovered a completely different problem. I attempted to transode a file from H264 to HVEC. That first conversion failed as before. I also tried to convert the file to a 4MB/sec version. Hardware trans-coding of that failed as well. I did the same for 3 additional files to test whether or not it was a problem with that specific file. All failed to used the hardware encoder. However, when I went back and examined the logs, in all cases Emby attempted to convert the first file, NOT the file I asked it to convert. Conversions were started from the Movie page in some cases and from the library thumbnail for the movie in others. A screenshot of the Logs page and relevant logs are attached. (The screenhot to establish the order of the transcode logs). The Remux log came from playing the last movie to confirm its was not originally shot in 16 by 9 (it was however released letter-boxed) and mostly in monochrome. It's possible that the initial problem was caused by cancelling the first conversion from the dashboard. Allowing it to complete software a software trans-code in all cases would have tens of hours. embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-3b027453-a1da-4a8a-811f-c14d291c3ebe_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3cb5e847-7345-4bb5-b335-9a1e7e88e3c6_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-8db60443-f8f7-4cc2-851e-aa53df25e619_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-bd201aa7-eece-4a32-ae0c-3fe8ae75076a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cc0c53cb-384f-47a0-92d2-8172e76f6c30_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d13fff65-36f7-48c7-b57a-9e29c7b38769_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d715900d-b7ae-4f42-8d84-a4a8d04c4ca2_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-da1997bb-81b1-412e-ab21-10b73c21c3a5_1.txt
  • Create New...