Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'flac'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • Announcements
    • Emby Premiere Purchase/Subscription Support
    • Feature Requests
    • Tutorials and Guides
  • Emby Server
    • General/Windows
    • Android Server
    • Asustor
    • FreeBSD
    • Linux
    • NetGear ReadyNAS
    • MacOS
    • QNAP
    • Synology
    • TerraMaster NAS
    • Thecus
    • Western Digital
    • DLNA
    • Live TV
  • Emby Apps
    • Amazon Alexa
    • Android Mobile
    • Android TV / Fire TV
    • Emby Theater
    • iOS
    • Apple TV
    • Kodi
    • Raspberry Pi
    • Roku
    • Samsung Smart TV
    • Sony PlayStation
    • LG Smart TV
    • Web App
    • Windows Media Center
    • Plugins
  • Language-specific support
    • Arabic
    • Dutch
    • French
    • German
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
  • Community Contributions
    • Ember for Emby
    • Fan Art & Videos
    • Tools and Utilities
    • Web App CSS
  • Other
    • Non-Emby General Discussion
    • Developer API
    • Hardware
    • Media Clubs
    • Legacy Support

Blogs

  • Emby Blog

Calendars

  • Community Calendar

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

  1. I have several albums .flac encoded. Two of the albums have the following symptoms: 1) The album name is prepended with another version of the album name. 2) Each track is prepended with another version of the track name. 3) The album has an associated .cue and .m3u file 4) The prepended album name is the same as the TITLE in the .cue file 5) The prepended track name is the same as the corresponding TRACK TITLE in the .cue file I removed the .cue and .m3u files but the displayed values remain. Can someone please explain this to me? Where are the displayed values being derived from? Is there something I can do to resolve this display issue? Here are the associated .cue and .m3u files: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" Here are some screen shots:
  2. I have noticed a problem with multiple tags for FLAC files; the correct Vorbis Comment standard does not seem to work with MB3. As an example for the album Peter White Christmas three separate Album Artist tags should be recognised (separated by nulls) as follows: Album Artist=Peter White Album Artist=Mindi Abair Album Artist=Rick Braun Instead MB3 only recognises the last value (Rick Braun) ignoring the first two. However, the ID3V2 standard of recognising the following as a mulivalue tag for both MP3 and FLACs does work. Album Artist=Peter White/Mindi Abair/Rick Braun This is incorrect as most tagging and playback software (other than MB3) assumes the Vorbis Comment standard. This poses several practical problems: As far as I am aware, most tagging software transparently implement the ID3V2 standard for MP3s and the Vorbis Comment standard for FLACs. Thus for FLACs tagged with either MP3Tag, MediaMonkey4 and Foobar; MB3 simply did not recognise muliple value tags. It did, of course, for MP3s. It is, of course, possible to force an ID3V2 type muliple value tag in a FLAC but then the tagging workflow becomes an exception. Also the sorting functionality in the tagging software becomes inconsistent with what MB3 sees. Other software which does implement the Vorbis Comment standard could become crippled. For example, I also run Asset uPNP server to stream music to my hifi system; it currently correctly interprets all standard multivalue tags whether MP3 or FLAC. If I were to force multivalue tags in FLACs to conform to ID3V2 standards; Asset uPNP would stop recognising multivalue tags for FLACs. In tests all it sees is a single value "Peter White/Mindi Abair/Rick Braun". This is a fairly severe problem for a very large collection such as mine. At the moment I am simply accepting that for FLACs (the majority of my collection), contributing artists will not be fully indexed by MB3, The consequence of this is that I predominantly use Asset uPNP to listen to music rather than MB3 which is a shame as MB3 is a feast for the eyes (as well as the ears).
×
×
  • Create New...