Internet no longer required to run
Most of the changes in this version are "under the hood" but the most significant thing you will notice is that a constant internet connection is no longer required for this app to function. Emby Premiere will still need periodic internet to validate but this app used to require a constant connection to function and no longer does.
Other changes and improvements:
New Features / Improvements:
- App no longer requires the Internet to function
- "mov_text" subtitles are now embedded on the Native Player.
- Added play button support on Siri Remote to libraries
- Fixed jerky scrolling behavior that was prevalent in most of the app but especially in grid-based views
- Improved handling of missing episodes by adding a "MISSING" tag to episodes in a season and on specific episode detail view
- App now respects Live TV access settings
- App now respects Live TV Recording Management access settings
- Folder items no longer display the tabs across the top
- New Playback settings view that aligns with the web app
- New Subtitles settings view that aligns with the web app (no subtitle appearance settings yet)
tvOS 13 Launch Screen updates:
- The Launch Screen now respect the device Appearance (Dark / Light)
- The "Starting Up..." screen has been replaced with a screen that looks identical to the Launch Screen creating a smoother experience
- Instead of showing a white screen on startup (say when Internet is unavailable to validate a device) the Emby loading screen is persistent until those requests finish. Additionally, an activity indicator is present so the user knows something is happening.
- Loaders are now present when selecting a server and a user so the user knows activity is taking place.
- Select Version / Audio / Subtitles view has been re-written. With this update we've added a Resume button in addition to the play button
- Now when you play an item in the middle of a playlist or music album it will continue playing the next item. In a previous version it would only play that one item
- There is now a played indicator for items in a video playlist so you can tell if it's been watched or not
- The Now Playing menu item is back. This was removed in previous releases due to a tvOS bug that would cause duplicate "Now Playing" and app crashes. Apple fixed this in tvOS 13.4.
- DTS 5.1 audio is now correctly transcoded to AC-3
- Fixed a bug where a movie’s poster was shown in a thumb during a recording
- Fixed a bug that prevented playing an active recording from detail when selected from the home screen
- Fixed a bug that prevented playing an active recording directly from the home screen
- Fixed a bug where an active recording wasn't showing the proper image
- Fixed a bug where the Episode Detail view would show "undefined" when other episodes had no episode numbers
- Fixed a bug in tvOS 14 where an error would display when backing out of playback
- Fixed a number of bugs in the Live TV Guide that would cause app crashes
- Fixed a bug where the Season Detail view would show "undefined" when an episode didn't have a number
- Fixed a bug where the episode title would not display in the Info menu for the native player
- Fixed a Top Shelf crash when image URLs did not exist for items
- Fixed a bug that prevented podcast art from showing when using the Podcasts plugin
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from when selecting Instant Mix from an album detail would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from when selecting Instant Mix from an artist detail would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from shuffle on album detail would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from shuffle on artist detail would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from shuffle on albums, album artists, and songs tabs would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where pressing back/menu from play all on albums, album artists, and songs tabs would show a black loading screen
- Fixed a bug where track numbers weren’t displaying properly
- Fixed a bug where album that has been favorited would not show in UI
- Fixed a bug where actor roles with quotes would show as HTML encoded quotes
- Fixed a bug where network requests would fire for first tab in a Menu view even if it wasn’t your default
- In the Channels view of Live TV if there is no channel number if previously displayed "undefined." Now it just displays the channel name if the channel number isn't defined.