Kimballslice1890

Kimballslice1890

I was looking at this post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-177-manage-your-home-with-emby-users/

And noticed that not only am I missing the "Content Access" section on my user management panel. I am missing "Channel Access"

Is this something that is just being posted as a preview for a future release?

Channel Access restrictions would be very useful as I have multiple users and only 3 tuners and am looking to restrict specific users to specific live tv channel access in order to keep necessary tuners available and concentrate other users towards a single tuner.

I've posted a feature request for this at some point before, but at the time the only solution was to use parental controls to restrict channel access. But I am looking for something more specific.

Hi.  "Channel" in that context is not an individual live TV channel.  It is an Emby "Channel" plug-in - like Trailers.  That option may only show if you have one of these installed.

• Like 1

Kimballslice1890

Hi.  "Channel" in that context is not an individual live TV channel.  It is an Emby "Channel" plug-in - like Trailers.  That option may only show if you have one of these installed.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Is there such feature planned or considered for a future release to manually manage specific channel access within the TV guide for live TV?

Kimballslice1890

I'll poke around. So far it looks like its only a blanket parental control across all content where I am just trying to limit access to only a few specific channels on the guide and don't want to cause issues with the library content.

But count this is my feature request  :)

Appreciate all the work you guys do!

I'll poke around. So far it looks like its only a blanket parental control across all content where I am just trying to limit access to only a few specific channels on the guide and don't want to cause issues with the library content.

But count this is my feature request  :)

Appreciate all the work you guys do!

Go to a channel in the web app that you'd like to block for someone.  Get the page with the option to play, mark favorite and more.  Select more and edit metadata.

Add a tag - say... "block".

Now go to user configuration in the server dashboard and bring up the Parental Controls on a user that you don't want to see this channel and fill in "block" in the block content with this tag field.

• 4 months later...
mz5876

Having to tag hundreds of channels in order to lock them is ridiculous. Many people have asked for the ability to assign users to tuners as a workaround for this problem, why has this not been done?

Expanded channel management features are coming in the near future. Thanks for the feedback.