Playback error when playing .AVI

GedMan69

Detail4687

Sorry, I guess I hijacked someone else thread....

There is no "version" field. The only time I have two version is after the conversion, but that creates the 1080p file. I deleted it immediately after.

5cdb5ea9cdf1f_Screenshot20190514at173310

What I really want to figure out is why it doesn't play when using emby server, vs Emby Theatre (or Chromecast)

Your original image where you said you were doing the conversion showed multiple versions, so that is why I thought that was the case.  If that was after conversion, then that explains it.

Thanks.

5cda69c80eaef_Screenshot.jpg

Detail4687

@@ebr. My bad. Yes the screenshot way after the conversion, hence two files, but when I converted it there was just the one.

@@Like. My bad. I hijacked this thread, because I encountered the same error. I'd be happy to start a new thread.

My files are mkv, specifically 4k 10-bit. When I try to play those via chrome or Roku I get the OP's same error. When I play them via Emby Theatre, Chromecast or an outside player they play fine.

Edited by mptpro

Detail4687

@@Luke I sent you a private message with the link to a google drive folder that has "notes" and two samples. The files are large!

Detail4687

another test: I re-installed Plex (where I cam from to Emby), and it plays the videos fine. So, Emby theatre, VLC, and Plex al work.

(side note: Chromecast works from VLC for Windows and Plex, but doesn't show up in Emby for Chrome)

Detail4687

maybe progress, when I turn off NVDEC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - H.265 (HEVC) in Advanced decoder settings a few of my files seem to play correctly. I haven't tested them all yet. 

Does this help diagnose the issue?

(Still wonder why the files play correctly in Emby Theatre?)

5ce5ad595a46e_ScreenshotofTranscoding.jp

I hid your post from the other thread because its not necessary to post the same thing in multiple places.

• Like 1

Thanks for the logs. From the server side, all seems to be fine. What problem id you have in the case covered by those log files?

Detail4687

Thanks.  I didn't quite understand your last sentence... are you asking what problems I'm having?

Detail4687

Of course.

It seems all of my 4k 10-bit files don't play correctly.  Mostly the symptoms are green banding, stuttering and sometimes the video just stops. 

The files don’t play properly in:

• Emby via Chrome locally

• Emby via Chrome remotely

• Emby via RokuTV (I have two)

• Emby via Roku Ultra box connected to TV

• Chromecast Ultra (when cast from Emby)

The files DO play properly via:

• Emy Theatre! (this is weird to me, plays fine here but not in Emby in Chrome!)

• Plex. Same computer, pointing to the same library, same files.

• VLC on local machine

• Windows Media Player on local machine

• Window Movie/TV app on local machine

• Chromecast Ultra (when cast from Plex)

• Directly via Google drive folder

Thank you very much for the log file and the video.

Does it work when you disable 

• The decoder " NVDEC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - H.265 (HEVC)"
  • Both decoders, the one above and " DX11VA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - H.265 (HEVC)"?

(Go to Transcoding and select "Advanced" for hardware acceleration to see individual codecs)

Detail4687

Thanks @@softworkz.  Making progress!

• When NVDEC is disabled  and DX11VA enabled it works! No banding/artifacts, but it seems there is very slight skipping
  • When both of disabled it's very smooth and no bading/artifacts.

Thanks for the feedback!

Please use this setting for now. This is a known issue and currently under investigation.

• Like 1