Music - UI Improvements

slyfox

slyfox

Would like to see these improvements:

• Choose genre - search within genre. Current option allows you to browse all of the genres. This is problematic with lots of different genres. Too much scrolling.
  • Bigger Album Artwork when browsing albums. Anyway to remove the "disc" box surrounding album art?
  • Album art is not displayed in background or at all when a specific album is open. Just shows the title and a play button on a black background. Album is shows only when playing a track.
  • It would be nice to see a dislike button to quickly tag songs for later deletion.
  • Smart playlists (filters) are a must for iOS and web.
Edited by slyfox

slyfox

Very customizable filters to narrow down the exact music I want to hear. I guess this goes back to Emby having smart playlists. 

I would love to see music specific search. When I am in the music category, I want to see music related results only and not movies.

When I open an album I see Album art rather than artist art.

White looks cleaner than Emby's dark mode on iOS.

White looks cleaner than Emby's dark mode on iOS.

Have you tried the light theme in our app?

mrfragger

Is it possible to work together with Prism Music app to add support for Emby?

https://prism-music.app

That’s great news. I think Emby is great with music. It can do folder view and also create playlists. Once smartlists are implemented it is great.

Thanks for the tip to check out prism music. Don’t think I’ll buy that one. But the developer said on a thread on reddit he plans to implement audiobook support in a separate app called Prism Books ios (with Plex as server) which is in beta now. I’ll definitely be buying that one as that’s definitely a need so far no one has been able to fulfill.