TV guide overlay?

dnanielsen

dnanielsen

I found a bug in the LG TV app with Live TV, but it got me thinking. I used the SIPTV app before, and they have a feature where you can watch TV guide/switch channels when playing the current channel, like it happened in this bug. Maybe it would be possible to map such an overlay feature to one of the color buttons (red, green etc.) on the remote? It will need some work to make the overlay text look better/clearer but it wasn't too hard to read already.

Not sure If it's difficult to reproduce this bug, but it happened when viewing TV guide, I clicked on the current program in one channel then quickly clicked back on the remote.

And also, will the primary screen when opening Live TV via the my media section up top work the same as Webapp/Android, I'd like to click on that directly to open TV guide.

post-246418-0-04485900-1546689962_thumb.jpg

Hi, that's strange. I have not seen this in my testing, but the current app release is over six months old now. We have a new release currently in LG review. I'm pretty positive this will be resolved once you have that. Thanks !

dnanielsen

Sorry Luke, could you please have a read again, as it was a question about adding a feature? 

Could you consider adding this overlay TV guide with one of the color buttons on the remote? It would make it quicker switching between channels. When I clicked on a different channel in this scenario, it worked and channel was changed without having to go back into the Live TV area. 

Thanks

Hi, the truth is we don't yet have this overlay at all in the LG app, so the fact that it is showing up at all is a bug. That is what i was referring to. But yes, an overlay during playback is planned for the future. Thanks !

• 10 months later...
dnanielsen

Hi, the truth is we don't yet have this overlay at all in the LG app, so the fact that it is showing up at all is a bug. That is what i was referring to. But yes, an overlay during playback is planned for the future. Thanks !

What is the status on this?