"Customize Home Screen" bar

Thomas64

Thomas64
I've just upgraded to Emby 3.5.2.0 - and I really do not like the "Customize Home Screen" bar at the bottom of the HOME screen on the Web App. It seems redundant and intrusive to me. There is already the "person" icon in the upper right of the screen to get to Profile settings, and the 3 dots already beside the "My Media" section take you directly to Home Screen settings. I don't see why there needs to be a third way to access it from the same screen (in my opinion).

I never really liked the 3 dots beside "My Media", but they were barely noticeable - so I got over it... LOL

But, I definitely DO NOT want a SETTINGS bar at the bottom of the screen that should only be displaying my media inventory. It just breaks the flow and seems out of place.

Could you add a feature to disable it? That way, those whom like it can keep it. I've tried to find if there is somewhere to do so already, but don't see any option for it.

I primarily use the Web Interface, so haven't seen how this works on the other Apps yet..

Thanks!!

Thomas

• Like 3

PenkethBoy

Just use css

/* ---- remove huge button from home screen ----*/
#homeTab .customizeSection {display: none}

dashboard>settings>custom css

and save

• Like 3

Thomas64

That worked! Thanks..

Took me a few minutes to figure out what you were talking about though..

I was looking for a file path where all the Emby-Server files are, until I realized it was literally typing that into the Dashboard > Settings > Custom CSS box...

Out of curiosity - is there some master list of options that can be entered there - or is it an acquired knowledge sort of thing?..

I searched around on the Forum and Wiki, but didn't see anything..

• 3 months later...
Thomas64

Folks -

The CSS code got rid of the "Customize Home Screen" bar in the Web App - but it still shows up in Emby Theater. (program, not W10 app - dunno' about the app, not using it..)

Is there a way to get rid of it in Emby Theater I am missing?

Thanks!

Thomas

• 2 months later...