Could anyone help me set up Live Tv on Emy on Roku with Schedules Direct

JP25
Go to solution Solved by arrbee99,

Hi I'm noob here.

I have a Emby Premier account, would like to set up Live TV with Emby on Roku. I added schedules Direct account details on Emby server settings and selected the right Channel Lineup that I have selected on Schedules Direct account but nothing is appear on Live TV channels, I tried to change the Channel Line up same way in schedules direct and Emby Live Tv settings but nothing works. I don't know I'm doing it in the right way could anyone help me to set up Live Tv ?

Edited by sharvinzlife

kanipek

Hi I'm noob here.

I have a Emby Premier account, would like to set up Live TV with Emby on Roku. I added schedules Direct account details on Emby server settings and selected the right Channel Lineup that I have selected on Schedules Direct account but nothing is appear on Live TV channels, I tried to change the Channel Line up same way in schedules direct and Emby Live Tv settings but nothing works. I don't i'm doing it in the right way could anyone help me to set up Live Tv ?

What type of Tuner are you using? Have you checked to see that Emby is seeing your tuner?

Have you run through the process of mapping your channels to guide data? From the Dashboard Live TV --> Schedules Direct - choose 3 dot menu -->Map Channels

Edited by kanipek

What type of Tuner are you using? Have you checked to see that Emby is seeing your tuner?

Have you run through the process of mapping your channels to guide data? From the Dashboard Live TV --> Schedules Direct - choose 3 dot menu -->Map Channels

When I tried to Map Channels nothing is appearing, it is blank there tried many times choosing the different channel line up both in the Schedules direct and in the Live Tv set up on Emby server but nothing works.

I'm using Nxt PVR  tuner, but I have not configured it yet, would you help me configure it with schedule direct ?

5a59567095010_Capture.png

Edited by sharvinzlife

arrbee99

Basically, if you're using NextPVR you need to set that up first, with it playing TV with a working guide first, then use the NextPVR plug-in (or built in NextPVR feature). Hopefully the mapping will work then, maybe after a guide update or server restart.

Not sure what tuner you have. If its a Homerun, you can use the built in Homerun feature in Emby without NextPVR at all.

Do we need a physical tuner/hardware like HD Home Run to get the Schedules Direct Work..? I only created a account in Schedules Direct and downloaded Nxt pvr tuner client and install the Nxt Pvr plug in.. So to watch Live Tv do we need a physical Hardware tuner ?

Basically, if you're using NextPVR you need to set that up first, with it playing TV with a working guide first, then use the NextPVR plug-in (or built in NextPVR feature). Hopefully the mapping will work then, maybe after a guide update or server restart.

Not sure what tuner you have. If its a Homerun, you can use the built in Homerun feature in Emby without NextPVR at all.

Do we need a physical Hardware Tuner like/HD Hume Run to get live Tv working with Emby ? I only have Schedules Direct Account and Nxt Pvr tunner clinet on Pc and installed the Nxt PVr plug in and restarted the Emby server. But I do not have Physical Hardware Tuner..

• Solution
arrbee99

Yes you'll need some kind of physical tuner. Homeruns are popular, assuming they work for where ever you live of course (I can't use one on my country as I'm on satellite and Homeruns don't do satellite).

• Like 1

Thanks, I need one for information do I need a cable card from a service provider like comcast to get the Live Tv works with Emby usig the Hd home Run and Schedules direct ?

arrbee99

Bearing in mind my location (NZ), I know very little about US stuff, but...

are you asking about needing some king of cable card in addition to a HDHomerun and Schedules Direct ? as far as I know you just need a Homerun and I believe SD to get a guide, if the Homerun doesn't provide one already. A Homerun is kind of Embys default tuning device, so you wouldn't need NextPVR either, though you could use it if you wish.

Hopefully someone from the US will help out as well, am just trying to from what I've picked up from other threads.

arrbee99

BTW, this might depend on which model of Homerun you have (or get) and no idea where encrypted / locked TV comes into this.

Bearing in mind my location (NZ), I know very little about US stuff, but...

are you asking about needing some king of cable card in addition to a HDHomerun and Schedules Direct ? as far as I know you just need a Homerun and I believe SD to get a guide, if the Homerun doesn't provide one already. A Homerun is kind of Embys default tuning device, so you wouldn't need NextPVR either, though you could use it if you wish.

Hopefully someone from the US will help out as well, am just trying to from what I've picked up from other threads.

Okay great, So I don't need a Cable card for HomeRun to get the live TV to work ? Wonder how many channels Emby support in the US ?

arrbee99

Okay great, So I don't need a Cable card for HomeRun to get the live TV to work ? Wonder how many channels Emby support in the US ?

Don't forget I'm in New Zealand, so not exactly an expert on American cable anything. So as far as I'm aware, you don't need a cable card for free broadcast TV. For something that's needs some kind of cable package you pay for every month and I guess is encrypted I really wouldn't know.

I would say Emby is generally for playing your own media and free to air television.