4K movies play intermittent on Sony Smart TV

Hauzz

• 1 year later...
Mamoon Tayih

I have the same problem with 4k files. They play smooth on my Sony Android TV with Direct play. Once I try and transcode any 4K its stops and starts every few seconds, I am checking my NAS CPU and Memory and they are on 30-40% so no overloading. I also have the Hardware transcoding on VA AVI. All FHD files are working like a breeze, I am moving from PLEX to EMBY because I feel their hardware transcoding works brilliant with my QNAP TS-453B. 

If only I can fix this 4k transcoding problem!

I have the same problem with 4k files. They play smooth on my Sony Android TV with Direct play. Once I try and transcode any 4K its stops and starts every few seconds, I am checking my NAS CPU and Memory and they are on 30-40% so no overloading. I also have the Hardware transcoding on VA AVI. All FHD files are working like a breeze, I am moving from PLEX to EMBY because I feel their hardware transcoding works brilliant with my QNAP TS-453B. 

If only I can fix this 4k transcoding problem!

Can you please post the ffmpeg log from when this happens?

Mamoon Tayih

Can you please post the ffmpeg log from when this happens?

Hi, This stopped happening the day after I posted. I have just subscribed to emby Premier as I have witnessed a much faster response on my clients compared to Plex and scrubbing forward and backwards is very good and almost simultaneous. I am currently using QNAP TS-453B with 4GB ram as my server and have acceleration on as VA API. I tried clients on my LG old 4K TV and My new Sony Bravia 4K x85e Android TV, also on my galaxy note 8 and Apple TV. Loading and playing is much better and I really want to help make this system an even better experience.

I haven't tried the Google Assistant integration yet as I just subscribed and will definitely give my opinion on that.

Keep up the good work!