BlurN — Blu-Ray Release Notifications

mutu310

6 hours ago, mutu310 said:

It's not the UI that's the biggest worry. It's everything else. The UI is there to change some configuration, but with the configuration already set it still doesn't work. Without the ability for proper debugging it's too challenging to fix.

Let me finish the tagging plugin thing and then I can help. What does BlurN do? 

bakes82
4 hours ago, chef said:

Let me finish the tagging plugin thing and then I can help. What does BlurN do? 

Let me know when you do, I want to do the same thing kinda but based off another data source ;)   This looks to just be making a channel from a list of data, that piece seems easy, if the list was in trakt I can send you how to interface that.

• 4 months later...
chef
3 hours ago, wr9966 said:

Bump for an update??

I've read the code on GitHub. What is broken? I can see @Luke updated it back in August of 2020.

Is it just an update for 4.6.x compatibility?

BillOatman
1 hour ago, chef said:

I've read the code on GitHub. What is broken? I can see @Luke updated it back in August of 2020.

Is it just an update for 4.6.x compatibility?

I took a quick look and it's more than just a nuget update and I don't have time to go on the requisite easter egg hunt to find the changes.  Happy hunting :)

chef
10 hours ago, BillOatman said:

I took a quick look and it's more than just a nuget update and I don't have time to go on the requisite easter egg hunt to find the changes.  Happy hunting :)

Okay, I'll load blurN and see what happened. my initial suspicions are that the RSS feed changed. But we'll see. 

mutu310

This project is no longer active from my end, because I got tired of changes in emby breaking the code, but if someone makes a PR that gets it working and tests it properly, I will keep on updating it.

• Thanks 1

BillOatman
5 hours ago, chef said:

Okay, I'll load blurN and see what happened. my initial suspicions are that the RSS feed changed. But we'll see. 

It's more than that, some Emby classes/calls seem to have changed or been removed.

Edited by BillOatman

• 4 weeks later...
msauve

Hi guys,

I've tried to install and configure BlurN latest version (2.0.2.8) for the fist time from scratch and I got exactly the same problem as an older version that I'm trying to install. :( It keeps turning and turning. No configurations or settings can be done 😕  

I'm currently running Emby beta version 4.7.0.3

image.png.bff0dd1d84a917156b8a7ae57e656492.png 

As some one has a clue between you guys @Luke, @Happy2Play and @mutu310?

Of course help from others will also be highly appreciated :D

Thanks and best regards,

Max

image.png

embyserver-63761301024.txt hardware_detection-63761301089.txt embyserver.txt

BillOatman

Plugins sometimes won't work on beta server builds unless they are built with updated components from Emby for that beta build.
Not sure if that's what the problem is here or not.

I don't run beta builds at all on my primary server.

msauve
18 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Plugins sometimes won't work on beta server builds unless they are built with updated components from Emby for that beta build.
Not sure if that's what the problem is here or not.

I don't run beta builds at all on my primary server.

So if I understand, it could be related to the version of my server? Is there a work around so that this plugin could be working in a beta version?

Thanks for your help!

BillOatman
4 hours ago, msauve said:

So if I understand, it could be related to the version of my server? Is there a work around so that this plugin could be working in a beta version?

Thanks for your help!

If that is the problem, and it could be but I am not sure, there are two things that can be done:

1) You or someone else (if its open source) or the author build the plugin with the beta Emby libraries.  Note that if you scroll up a little you will see that there is more to it than just rebuilding to make this plugin work.
2) Revert your primary Emby server to non-beta.

It is generally understood that there is a good chance some plugins will break if you run beta server code.

My guess is it is probably dead unless someone wants to pickup the maintenance and support of it going forward.

Edited by BillOatman

• 3 months later...
PrincessClevage

I am running Emby server v 4.6.4 and with the Blurn plugin i just get a spinnning circle and settings never see to save. Is this Pugin still actively supported and working? If it is not currently working nor supported perhaps it should be removed from the Plugin list

Edited by PrincessClevage

mutu310

This project is completely abandoned and this is not a temporary thing but permanent, to the point that I don't even use Emby anymore because I wasn't happy with how I lost all my data after upgrading to Synology DSM7, so I'm using the Synology's DS Video that comes in-built. Nowhere near the features of Emby but hassle free.

Anyway, if anyone wants to pick up this project, it's open source and I offer to do a simple hand-over to anyone willing to pick it up.

7 hours ago, mutu310 said:

This project is completely abandoned and this is not a temporary thing but permanent, to the point that I don't even use Emby anymore because I wasn't happy with how I lost all my data after upgrading to Synology DSM7, so I'm using the Synology's DS Video that comes in-built. Nowhere near the features of Emby but hassle free.

Anyway, if anyone wants to pick up this project, it's open source and I offer to do a simple hand-over to anyone willing to pick it up.

Hi we're sorry about that, but that was primarily due to the large scope of changes from dsm 6 to 7. We have an upgrade guide here users can follow to prevent loss of data.