Animated Movie Poster

Blueeyiz702

Painkiller8818

they don't work for me. have copied them manually but they aren't animated at all in emby. Tried on firefox and chrome, also cleared cache and images

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702
On 3/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, GibsonMediaJim said:

Any news on these working on the latest Emby?

They Should Work,let me ask the boss and see whats going on,

Blueeyiz702

Mission Impossible Fallout.gif

RoboCop.gif

Top Gun Maverick.png

Spiral From The Book Of Saw.png

Black Lightning.gif

BatWoman Season 2.png

The Flash.gif

Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom.gif

GeoStorm.gif

The Fast and Furious.gif

Mission Impossible Fallout.gif

Edited by Blueeyiz702
Duplicate

• 2 months later...
CharlieRoket

Hello

I hope everyone is having a great day if not maybe this will make it better. I have gotten the animated movie posters too work 100% in emby. I'm talking about no more back loading gifs in a folder. You can upload them straight to emby just like you would a normal image. Now before anyone gets to excited there is always a downside. I have tested these on Roku, Amazon, Xbox, and Window emby app and they don't work (if I find a way i will update with what i come up with). With that been said they will work on mobile web, desktop web (So far on all browsers). and mobile app. Now let's get down to how they work. You will need to use apng( animated png) but if you upload it then it still will not work. Why is that you ask? because emby will resize it and save it as a png. Now read carefully because this next part is important. go to the website ezgif.com you will then see a tab at the top that says apng. Once you click that it will take you to a page where you can upload a gif, apng or anything you like. once its upload convert it to an apng then click resize and type in 200 in width  don't worry about height it should put you at 40 percent. Then click resize and then save it. You can now upload it to emby just like any other png. i found 200 to be the sweet  because it will show up on the front page and the info page but you can mess with it and see what works for you.

Let me know if you still need help and I will try to explain it better.  Also if you still have trouble uninstall cover arts plugin

Edited by CharlieRoket

badwhip

I could not get this to work on shield tv or window 10 when it uploads by just putting in 200 as width it outputs 200 by 320. It uploads and everything but it’s static 

CharlieRoket
8 minutes ago, badwhip said:

I could not get this to work on shield tv or window 10 when it uploads by just putting in 200 as width it outputs 200 by 320. It uploads and everything but it’s static 

I don't know about shield untested (don't own one and most likely using emby theater) and if you are using the app on windows then it will not work. only work in mobile/ web browsers and mobile app(android). Try just refreshing metadata if using browsers

Edited by CharlieRoket

CharlieRoket

Once you go to ezgif.com then click on the apng tab. next upload gif once uploaded you will see lots of static images and at the below make apng. you will then see one image that is animated. Click resize and put 200 in width then click resize and once you get another image just click save. I have had several people test this and method and has worked.

Just tested it myself and it did work.

Edited by CharlieRoket

badwhip

Well I started with an a animated image first doest that make a difference?  I did do all the steps after that will try again tomorrow. 

CharlieRoket

A gif seems to work best...

10 minutes ago, badwhip said:

Well I started with an a animated image first doest that make a difference?  I did do all the steps after that will try again tomorrow. 

CharlieRoket
22 minutes ago, badwhip said:

If it still static lower in below 200 width maybe to 150 and see...some reason its still getting resized in emby

CharlieRoket
7 minutes ago, badwhip said:

Video is set to private 

Sorry about that

Edited by CharlieRoket

emby_fan

Hi CharlieRocket,

First of all thanks for your manual. I followed your instructions from your video - but unfortunately I‘ve still only a static picture. I used Firefox and Edge on Windows and the Emby App on IPhone:-))

Is there any emby Server configuration I could have set in the wrong way, or a Plugin or ….

Any idea is wellcome.

To all, 

How does it work for others ?

best regards,

Emby_Fan

CharlieRoket
3 hours ago, emby_fan said:

Hi CharlieRocket,

First of all thanks for your manual. I followed your instructions from your video - but unfortunately I‘ve still only a static picture. I used Firefox and Edge on Windows and the Emby App on IPhone:-))

Is there any emby Server configuration I could have set in the wrong way, or a Plugin or ….

Any idea is wellcome.

To all, 

How does it work for others ?

best regards,

Emby_Fan

Well you could post the apng here and I could check to see if it works on my end. Also if you have cover arts install, then you need to Uninstall it . I'm still trying to figure out why it doesn't work for other emby user, since emby versions are suppose  to be the same across the broad.

• Like 1

emby_fan

Hi CharlieRocket,

I apologize it was the cover art plugin. After deinstallation it works now :-).
Thanks for your fast support.

I still attach the animated APNG file in case someone needs a proofen sample to test his/her setup.

Edited by emby_fan
I removed the APNG file as CharlieRocket is right, it's a static one. Something happend with the file during the download process

CharlieRoket
3 hours ago, emby_fan said:

Hi CharlieRocket,

I apologize it was the cover art plugin. After deinstallation it works now :-).
Thanks for your fast support.

I still attach the animated APNG file in case someone needs a proofen sample to test his/her setup.

poster.png

That's great glad it works for you.

Also the image above seems to be a static image when download...

emby_fan

You are right, the file was modified during the download. I've removed it to didn't bring confusion to others.

Thanks for your hint,
Emby_Fan

• 2 weeks later...
julionahumcabre

Funcionó muy bien para mí. ¿Emby está pensando en traer esa opción de forma nativa?

¿Hay alguna opción en la página para tener el póster animado con un poco más de resolución? o ¿es ese el caso en este momento? En la aplicación móvil se ve bien, pero en la web, se ve un poco bajo en calidad. ¿Podría mejorarse esto?

Edited by julionahumcabre

CharlieRoket
11 hours ago, julionahumcabre said:

‎It worked very well for me. Is Emby thinking about bringing that option natively?‎

‎Is there an option on the page to have the poster animated with a little more resolution? or is that the case right now? On the mobile app it looks good, but on the web, it looks a bit low in quality. Could this be improved?‎

I actually don't think we will see animated posters from emby any time soon. As for the resolution, this is the best work around I could find to make it work for mobile app and web Browers. If you only use the web option, then there is a simple solution. It works for me, but I haven't really tested it with anyone else. you could copy and paste the animated png link into emby and you would not lose resolution, but this will only work on web. I hope this will help you 

• Thanks 1